Hughesnet Community

Is there another number that I can call? Someone else I can speak to?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CodeSlinger
New Poster

Is there another number that I can call? Someone else I can speak to?

Long story short, I really want to speak to someone professional, knowledgeable who wants to fix my problem, not argue with me about everything. Is there a number, other than the main one where I can speak to someone, maybe someone from the corporate office? If not, does anyone have an email or another means of communication? I'm to the point where I'm ready to cancel my account, fight any charges, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and any other channel I can use. It's not fair to charge me for a service I'm not getting or attempt to charge me $600 for cancelling a service I never received.

Backstory:

I just recently got Hughes.net and I've been dealing with slow connection speeds and a data leak and have spent most of my weekend either running tests or on the phone with Tech Support. Each of the technicians confirmed there was a data leak and had me call back the later for the test results. Each time the following technician confirmed that there was a data leak but said the previous technician did the test wrong and insisted we run the test AGAIN. FOUR technicians have acknowledged a data leak this weekend. Today I called back and the fifth technician told me "it only used 60MB with the WiFi disconnected and no devices connected, this is within acceptable limits". When I informed her that every other technician had documented the existance of a leak, that loading a single webpage had "used up 100MB of data", she told me that everything I had been told and seen was wrong and that "your system is fully operational sir".

I'm not getting the data or the bandwidth I was promised, I spent all of my weekend running tech support's tests and walking them through situtations to prove again and again the loss of data. Each time when I get a new technician I have to start over as each one is adamant that "there is no data loss" until they spend an hour on the phone running tests. Then they tell me to call back after the final test and I have to start over.

This is ridiculous. These people are rude and condescending. I have five years of college in an I.T. field and have worked as a Developer for 15 years and these people are talking down to me. At this point I only want to cancel my one month old account as I don't get the bandwidth promised and the modem leaks data like a seive. So I called account support who told me that despite all of the notes documenting the problem that the only note that counts is that of the final person, who ran 0 tests and is the same tier tech support as everyone else. I have a job and a lot of responsibilities, it is unreasonable to expect me to spend all of my time on the phone doing someone else's job for them.

Is there any other route to get support from someone outside of that a group, someone more helpful or respectful? Also, does the corporate office realize that this kind of behavior is ocurring? You spend an entire weekend documenting and proving the existance of a problem FOUR times with FOUR different people but then on Monday you get a new person who decides the latest test case is within "acceptable limits" because you only lost 60MB in the data depletion test so the whole problem is swept under the rug?

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your best bet is to wait for someone here to answer your post, and help you with the next steps.  Be aware that you may need to run some tests on your end to help the Hughesnet people diagnose the problem. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Long story short, I really want to speak to someone professional, knowledgeable who wants to fix my problem, not argue with me about everything. Is there a number, other than the main one where I can speak to someone, maybe someone from the corporate office? If not, does anyone have an email or another means of communication? I'm to the point where I'm ready to cancel my account, fight any charges, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and any other channel I can use. It's not fair to charge me for a service I'm not getting or attempt to charge me $600 for cancelling a service I never received.

I was given the name Pardman Kaul at three zero one, four two eight, five five zero zero.  It wouldn't let me type the numbers directly.

I'd be interested to know what you get.  I am leaning towards suing them.  I am being overcharged for a level of service I have NEVER received.

maratsade

You may want to consider posting your issues under a separate thread, so the Hughesnet mods here can address your issue(s) separately. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

I'd be interested to know what you get.  I am leaning towards suing them.  I am being overcharged for a level of service I have NEVER received.

IJD
New Poster

There is likely NO DATA LEAK.  They use that as an excuse to offer substandard service, and force you into buy additional "tokens" for service.  I ran everything off my LTE phone for 3 weeks and used less than 25gb of data ... but on Hughes I go through 50GB in less than a week.  I find this to be upsetting.  They will claim your devices on standby are leaking data ... that is simply not true.  They are just cheating us out of high speed internet.  

GabeU

@CodeSlinger

I'm not sure what it is that the phone reps are telling you, or what the test is that they had you run or they ran for you, but there is only data leak test, and it's a test that has to be run by the customer themselves.  I don't know that it has any official name, but it's known as a Modem Isolation Test.  It involves disabling the WiFi, noting the data numbers, disconnecting the LAN cable, waiting for a number of hours, then reconnecting the LAN cable and again noting the data numbers.  There's a specific process to follow, but that's the basic idea.  This test ONLY shows if you're leaking data when nothing is connected, though, not if anything that is connected is using a high amount of data, or just data that you aren't aware of, which, unlike IJD's claim, is actually a very common thing.  One of the drawbacks to having a data capped service, even if it's soft capped, is that we have to be very diligent in making sure all of our devices use no more data than is necessary, including trying to disable anything that can automatically use data without us being aware of it.  There are a lot of devices and the programs/apps that they use that can do that.   

With all of this said, I'm glad you've found this community, as it's the best place to get help, in my opinion.  There are many here that have a lot of helpful knowledge, and the reps in this community are corporate based reps who know their stuff.  You will definitely be able to get help here.   

Under normal circumstances I would ask a few questions to try to get your connected devices locked down, data wise, then give instructions for running the Modem Isolation Test, if it's needed, but because you have already spoken to some phone reps it's probably best for one of the community reps to help you.  They're on Monday through Friday from approximately 8:00AM to 5:00PM EST.  It can take them a little time to answer, but they will.   

You've come to the right place.  🙂

Amanda

Hi Codeslinger,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the community. I've located your account and have already opened a case for you. I will need to investigate the account and diagnostic history before I can provide next steps or further information. Your patience is appreciated.

-Amanda