Moving

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tnr
Freshman

Moving

I recently moved and my new landlord does not allow any kind of dish service at their units. Is there any way that I can get out of my contract without having to pay the $400 Cancellation fee, or have the etf reduced, since I'm unable to take the service with me? Consumer protections do not apply as the building I moved into is multi unit and therefore has common areas that are exempt from the rules.
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Tnr 

Sorry no one has yet replied.  I can tell you that, from what I've seen on here over time, the Early Termination Fee would not be waived, but it's always worth asking, which you've done.

I'll tag the reps in the hopes of soon getting an answer for you.  They're not normally on during the weekends, but once in a while one pops in, especially as of late.  

@Damian 

@Hardy 

@Jay 

@Liz 

@Amanda

Edit:  Just so you're aware, the ETF is based on how long you've been in the 24 month contract.  It's $400 for the first 90 days, then $15 less per month thereafter.

Damian

Hello Tim,

Thank you for contacting us again. I am sorry you are not able to benefit from consumer protections. I understand you were not aware of your current landlord's stipulations, so the best I can do is reduce your ETF fee by half. I will message you exact numbers as to what you will need to pay after the fee is reduced. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I hope this helps. 

-Damian 

Thank you! Where can I find your message?
maratsade

---------------------------

GabeU

@Tnr 

On the upper right of the page you'll see a little white envelope.  If there is a message, there should be a red number over it.  Click that envelope, then make sure to click the message title of the private message to open it fully so that you can read all of it.  Without clicking on the title of the message you'll only be able to see the first few lines.  

Got it. Thanks. For some reason, I wasn't able to find it on my phone.

Tim,

I am happy to help. Please message us any time if you have any further questions. 

-Damian