Need to cancel service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonDvorak
Sophomore

Need to cancel service.

If one of the techs here can see this, I've done email, chat and tried calling but am constantly disconnected and the recording says they aren't talking live when it comes to billing. I was told to reference #125658996. I would like this done today. 

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Unfortunately, the only way to cancel service is by calling the Customer Service phone line.   Try calling between midnight and 6 am, when they're bound to be less congested. 

They aren't taking calls at all. It states that on their end on to use online services, even for billing.

maratsade

I can't even imagine your frustration, but you can't cancel on this site; @Liz even clarified that a day or two ago and said accounts can only be canceled via the customer service phone line. You may want to try when the lines are bound to be less congested and see if you can get through to a person.

RonDvorak wrote:

They aren't taking calls at all. It states that on their end on to use online services, even for billing.

sue4Susan
New Poster

I have also emailed and tried to call to cancel service multiple times , they cut me off almost as soon as I say I want to cancel. I am going to try reporting them to the if I cannot get assistance.

maratsade

You can only cancel via the phone line. Try calling after midnight.  

sue4Susan wrote:

I have also emailed and tried to call to cancel service multiple times , they cut me off almost as soon as I say I want to cancel.

I've been trying to reach someone as well. I've emailed everyday since March 30. Tried the chat, sat and waited for 2 hours. Called them but when I said cancel, the call ended. I HATE HUGHESNET!!!!!  This is beyond frustrating. I will do as someone suggested and call after hours since it's suppose to be 24/7. 

maratsade

I can imagine the frustration, but I hope that calling after midnight or even a bit later will work for you. Unfortunately, calling is the only way to cancel. 

jamia39563 wrote:

This is beyond frustrating. I will do as someone suggested and call after hours since it's suppose to be 24/7. 

MD2001
New Poster

I was having the same issue. I have been trying to contact them for over a week to cancel. Finally I called sales department and demanded to get this done. She gave me a different number to call. 1-866-360-1270. Once on the line with them they wanted to transfer me to the cancellation department. I demanded she did not transfer me because the line would most likely hang up. I had her contact contact someone in that department for me. She had me on hold for approx 20 minutes then had someone from cancel department on the phone. He was able to complete my request. Hope this helps you too. 

maratsade

Thanks to your help in this issue, it's likely they will stop transferring people from sales to cancellations.

MD2001 wrote:

I was having the same issue. I have been trying to contact them for over a week to cancel. Finally I called sales department and demanded to get this done. She gave me a different number to call. 1-866-360-1270. Once on the line with them they wanted to transfer me to the cancellation department. I demanded she did not transfer me because the line would most likely hang up. I had her contact contact someone in that department for me. She had me on hold for approx 20 minutes then had someone from cancel department on the phone. He was able to complete my request. Hope this helps you too. 

Thank you. I was able to speak to someone live this am. 

Thanks for the update, Ron!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!