Never received a bill

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richardandlinda
Spectator

Never received a bill

Since we signed with hughesnet I have never received a bill. They just take the liberty to take money out of my account. Cancelled service and instead of sending me a bill they took money out of an account that had very little money in it. So now I'm upside down with my account. We have called, called, called, called and complained about our service. We have been through every tech support hughesnet has on every phone call. Even when we are switched to an outside tech support they tell us there is nothing they can do because our service from hughesnet is terrible. According to hughesnet we are getting great service, supposedly according to hughesnet we have 3 devices on line. What you can't get through to them is only 1 person can be on line at a time. Not to mention the fact that you get someone who can speak English very well. The 1st time we called an complained about our service we weren't home but the lady was able to run a test through our system and she even said that our service was terrible and if we continued having the problem to call back and we could get out of the contract due to poor service. Well that didn't happen. The last time we called was the straw that broke the camels back. We had complained before about it taking 2 1/2 hrs to pay 10 Bill's on line, this time the tech wanted me to sign into my bank account so he could see what was wrong. We said oh **bleep** no we aren't signing into our bank account so you can monitor and see our bank account, he said that we couldn't be talking on our cell phones and surf the internet at the same time. We have Samsung S7 Active cell phones. Before we got this so called tech that couldn't speak English were were switched to a tech we had previously on one of our calls and he ask why they sent us to him there wasn't anymore he could do then what he already had us do. So needless to say I ended up writing the Better Business Bureau. It when to DC because I'm a retired DOD employee.
3 REPLIES 3
richardandlinda
Spectator

We have only had hughesnet since May 2018. We have called several times because of poor, poor service. Everytime time we were put through all 3 technical support which they tell us that is the highest tech support. We have had to reset everything on each phone call. Hughesnet took it upon themselves to take money out of our account never have ever received a bill. We have asked to be taken off of auto pay supposedly all our banking account information was taken out of there system but it wasn't I was billed 2x in August we have been over billed. They tell you 1 price just to lure you in to taking there service then charge you what ever they want. Hughesnet is a joke. I didn't appreciate the last tech we talked to who could speak English very well asking for us to sign into our bank account because we had complained that it took 2 1/2 hrs to pay 10 bills. How stupid did this tech think we were to sign into our bank account so he could monitor our bank account. Each phone call is at least 2-3 hrs to jump through hoops to fix there problems. Needless to say no one at hughesnet puts anything that was talked about in there system they only put in there computers what the want to make them look good. Needless to say I have contacted the Better Business Bureau which is going through Washington because I'm a retired DOD employee on a fixed income.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Looks like you had a lot of issues with your account. It's a pity you didn't choose to come to this tech community earlier. The account default is money gets deducted from the account you signed up with. The invoices are available online for you to see. If you want a paper bill, then you have to pay extra for that service. This is all in the service agreement, which you can find at legal.hughesnet.com.

The Better Business Bureau is not a government agency. It is a rating agency (they actually give Hughesnet their highest rating, A+), and it can only act as an intermediary between you and the company. They can't do anything but contact the company. The company then has up to 30 days to reply to you. If you had posted here before contacting the agency, you would have received a reply much faster, but because you chose the slower route, it is possible that the company may not be able to respond to you here.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Since we signed with hughesnet I have never received a bill. They just take the liberty to take money out of my account. Cancelled service and instead of sending me a bill they took money out of an account that had very little money in it. So now I'm upside down with my account.
Liz

Good morning richardandlinda,

Welcome to the community, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, that's certainly not the norm and not what we want for our customers, sorry to see you go. Once your formal complaint has been received, we'll address it within the BBB's deadline.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!