Not what I expected

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prettyeuphoric
Freshman

Not what I expected

I have been using this company for a year and a half and it has been the worst service that I’ve ever had of any company. I have never been able to watch a movie without it buffing and yet I’m told only use our company to do a speed test, G that’s funny wonder why. I never signed a contract nor did I ever agree to one but they swear I did. During this pandemic we have been asked not to work and money is tight so I had to borrow some money from a friend and I paid my bill with it and this company over charged me $200, that money was for groceries and dog food well it’s been a month since I bought groceries and dog food and now I have to wait another 15 days to get a refund. This is the most heartless worthless company and I wouldn’t recommend it to an enemy. Anybody else have weird charges on their bill like dollar here two dollars there for some kind of fee? Yet nobody can answer what that is either, **bleep** good lesson learned. I guess the uppers at this company have never had to go without food, shelter, or warmth, what a bunch of…
3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You have to use a specific site for speed tests, as that's the only site that provides the network engineers with the kind of information they need to help you. Have you considered cancelling the subscription, since it's not working out for you?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Prettyeuphoric 

First, the $1 is used as an account check.  When that account check occurs your financial institution holds that $1 from your available balance.  Within a week or so that hold drops off, as again, it's only for an account check.  It's not a charge. 

Regarding your streaming issues, assuming that you're looking for help, the first step would be ensuring that you are not out of plan data.  You can do so here.  If you are NOT out of plan data, the second step is running some speed tests.  Regardless of what you may have been told on the phone, the help available here requires a specific site to be used and for the tests to be run in a specific way.  The protocol for those speed tests is as follows.

---------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here.  A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.  

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

Liz

Good morning Prettyeuphoric, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!