Over charged

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rantsn
Freshman

Over charged

If y'all don't get my bill explained in plain English not some broken language person trying to convince me they explained my problem then I will have to search for some one else to provide my service . I signed up for a 30 gb package at 79. Price guarantee for two years with free installation my first bill was 120.00 and cannot get a explanation why this is why I left dish after 20 years I'm not happy with your customer service and the outrageous price you just charged my card for without explanation VERY UNHAPPY
8 REPLIES 8
Amanda

Hello Rantsn,

I can understand why you feel frustrated by this and I hope that I can provide you a resolution to your concerns. The first thing I am going to do is locate your account and review the bill you mention to see what these charges are for. If there is a discrepancy in the quote vs your actual bill, I can request a sales call review (if you ordered over the phone).

In the meantime, all customers are able to review their HughesNet bill through a couple of online methods:

1. At the top of this page, place your mouse over "My Account" and click on "My bill" (alternatively, click on My Account and scroll down to Billing Detail Information) 

2. Through the free HughesNet mobile app

I will go ahead and get started on the above and give you some insight on what those charges are for.

Thank you

Amanda

Amanda

Hi Rantsn

After reviewing your bill, the reason it is higher than expected is best explained this way...

HughesNet does "forward billing" meaning we will bill you for the upcoming month in advance. Essentially if you pay your bill on the billing date, your service will be active until the next billing date. Kind of like a pre-paid phone. 

You got installed on January 20th, so your billing date is the 20th of every month.

Jan 20 -> Feb 20

Service Plan = $79.99

Hardware Lease = $9.99

+Taxes

---------------------------------

Feb 20 -> Mar 20

Service Plan = $79.99

Hardware Lease = $9.99

+Taxes

On February 20th we billed you for the services received between Jan - > Feb, and then your normal billing cycle for Feb->Mar which included your promotional discounts, credit for the original 20GB plan you signed up for (which was upgraded to the 30GB plan on your install date) and taxes. 

Your bill on March 20th will the normal $79.99+9.99(lease)+taxes, considering there are no services added on, upgrades/downgrades or tokens purchased between now and then.

I hope I was able to explain this a bit better. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Amanda

Me Amanda
I never signed up for the 20 gig package that was a clerical error on the clerks part not mine so any charges should have been there problem
I understand you pay in advance that's not the issue I paid what was required at the time of order and y'all billed me an extra 6 dollars and something which I gladly paid but to come back at me with another 120 dollars the very next month is ridiculous I'm not understanding where this extra billing is coming from your explanation has not showed me where I owed that much the only solution is that you credit my account to the actual agreed upon charges VERY IRRATE

I will be contacting the public service commissioner on this issue and he'll start a a investigation on your practices of over billing and auto debits beyond what's authorization was given in my opinion that's stealing , and to to honest your internet service is no better than what my local phone company has I really thought gen 5 was suppose to be fast but it isn't a prepaid cell phone internet service is faster and more reliable dang y'all just won't listen to your customers
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Rantsn

Perhaps you can give Amanda a chance to look into what happened to your account.  

You could also start a post in tech support if you're having a technical issue with the service.  

Hi Rantsn,

The amount of promotions and credits given at the time of the sale meant that you only paid about $20 out of pocket. The full amount for the month was applied to the bill you mentioned, so this offset the difference, meaning you did not pay for the same month twice (again this is why the bill was not $180). You can see this information by clicking on My Account at the top of this page and reviewing your past invoices.

Thank you

Amanda

Hi Rantsn

When I looked into this last week it appeared that we applied the first month as a credit to your last bill to ensure that you weren't paying the first month all over again - which is why the bill you received was $120 and not $180. I will double check it today to make sure the appropriate credits were applied. 

Thank you

Amanda

Tiredofbs
New Poster

We have the same issue signed up for 50 megs @ 74.99 per month and was to be lifetime price. Then I found out we had only 20meg per month for 54,99 it took 4 days to reach the person who signed us up told them the situation, they had to look into the issue and would call me back. They did was told all was fixed now no worries. Then I find my bill was 99.99 per month plus tax. This month my bill is 150.49. This is just a pain wish I had never signed with them, plus they were charging me for two bells, that took a few hours to straighten out, and to get the 106 refunded to my checking another month for that. I personally will not Hughes to anyone!