Hughesnet Community

Pausing service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nr_buckeye

Pausing service

Does anyone know if it is possible to "pause" service for a few months?

I'm not going to be at my residence for about 4 months so it seems kind of pointless to pay for a service I will be unable to use.  I will still need internet when I return and do not need to cancel service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@nr_buckeye 

You can call 866-347-3292 and ask for a seasonal service suspension.  You can suspend your service for up to 180 days during a 365 day period.  

Please be aware that while the suspension is in effect you'll still be responsible for paying the lease fee, if you lease, and any applicable taxes, as those two things can't be suspended.  

Edit:  I should also mention that, if you're in the midst of a commitment period, whether as a new subscriber or from an upgrade or move, the end date of that commitment period will be pushed forward for long as the service suspension is in effect.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@nr_buckeye 

You can call 866-347-3292 and ask for a seasonal service suspension.  You can suspend your service for up to 180 days during a 365 day period.  

Please be aware that while the suspension is in effect you'll still be responsible for paying the lease fee, if you lease, and any applicable taxes, as those two things can't be suspended.  

Edit:  I should also mention that, if you're in the midst of a commitment period, whether as a new subscriber or from an upgrade or move, the end date of that commitment period will be pushed forward for long as the service suspension is in effect.