Phone records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rickytb82
New Poster

Phone records

Our 20 GB ran out within 3 days and after finding this out I notified customer service. I was 1 day late for the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, and was told I would have to pay $400. My wife spoke with them, and the rep said they would lower our bill to $47, which did occur, and we could have 30 more days to test out the service. We put the data on some sort of speed where it would slow down to a lesser quality watching/streaming tv. It extended the life of our $80 plan by 3 days. I called to cancel and the rep for cancellation told me the fee couldn't be waived. I referenced the case number and asked him to review the recorded conversation. Instead I was given corporates number for the a.m. Hoping this can be solved, and that I was not told a lie by the original reps when it came to a waived termination fee.
5 REPLIES 5
MarkJFine
Professor

Never heard of HughesNet offering a 30-day guarantee. Did you buy from a reseller?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Rickytb82 

As Mark mentioned, did you sign up through a reseller or HughesNet themselves?  HughesNet themselves doesn't offer a 30 day trial or anything like that.  The two year contract is valid the instant the service goes live.  

Per the "Residential Subscriber Agreement", which you can view here...

"If you cancel your order before installation, you will be refunded the amount that was collected at time of order. 

If you cancel after activation but before the end of your 24-month term commitment, you will be charged a Service Termination Fee of up to $400. The exact amount of the Service Termination Fee will be $400 for the first ninety (90) days after activation of the HughesNet Service. Thereafter, the amount will decrease by $15 per month for each month of active Service. 
Further, you must return your HughesNet modem, power supply, and radio in good condition within 45 days of cancellation date or be charged a $300 Unreturned Equipment Fee ($100 for the modem and power supply and $200 for the radio transmitter)." 

If you signed up directly through HughesNet themselves and not a reseller, I'm sure that the reps will be able to have your sales call pulled for review.  Depending on what's found in that review, you may have recourse. 

One odd thing, though:  Do you have a Residential account or a Business account?  The reason I ask is that, at least with the Residential accounts, your high speed data allotment is continually refilled during your first 20 days of service after activation, so exhausting that data allotment in three days is very strange. 

If you do have a Business account, however, the reps here may not be able to help, as this Community is for Residential subscribers.  

I signed up directly through HughesNet themselves and it is residential. The automatic allotment most certainly did not occur with us!

@Rickytb82,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this. I would like to review the recorded conversation for investigation. If you may, please private message me the case number associated.  

-Damian 

@Rickytb82,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you would still like for this issue to be investigated, please private message me the case number associated with the call that took place. 

-Damian