cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bv1717
Freshman

Question about Fusion Service

Hi there,

A bit new to the community so not sure where to post this. When we signed up one of the sales reps mentioned that there is an option to try Fusion for a certain amount of time (30 days) and then if it doesn't work for you then a downgrade is possible without losting the promo rate. When I spoke with the fusion department they said that I would need to start over my entire 24 month commitment if they honored the trial offer and did a self install of the fusion gateway.

Is there any way to test fusion for a month to see if it works for me since we were on a CAFII plan before but got swapped to a new Jupiter 3 setup so don't really want to do a brand new contract when we just started with a new setup.

10 REPLIES 10
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm 99.9% sure that they don't offer trial periods, including for Fusion, but hopefully a rep will reply soon to tell you for sure. 

It’s a bit confusing since sales said that I can always add it for a month then downgrade but when I asked via chat they said that fusion requires a new 24 month commitment on top of your existing agreement which makes it seem like your getting a 4 year contract instead of a 2 year one.

So trying to figure out if trying fusion is going to cost me an entire $400 ETF if I decide to downgrade.

bv1717,

Thank you for reaching out! It seems this is your first post. Welcome to the Community! As Gabe and maratsade stated, Hughesnet does not offer a trial period. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Remy

Hi Remy,

So for my current account if I wanted to try Fusion for a month (meaning paying for one month of service up front) is that possible or would I lose the promotions on my account when upgrading to fusion then downgrading back to my current plan. Since I spoke with tech support and they said that it's not possible to downgrade from a fusion self install to a lower tier plan due to a system activation needing to take place.

maratsade

"So for my current account if I wanted to try Fusion for a month (meaning paying for one month of service up front)"

They don't offer trials.  

Sorry should have clarified. I was wondering if I wanted to upgrade for a month and pay a month in advance would that be possible without losing my promotional pricing.

bv1717,

Thanks for following up! As the agents you spoke to stated, we are not able to retain promotional pricing through the downgrade to a different system.

Thanks,

Remy

maratsade

I'm curious too! I hope Remy comes back with an answer to that. 

Hi Remy,

So for my current account if I wanted to upgrade to Fusion for a month (meaning paying for one month of service up front) is that possible or would I lose the promotions on my account when upgrading to fusion then downgrading back to my current plan. Since I spoke with tech support and they said that it's not possible to downgrade from a fusion self install to a lower tier plan due to a system activation needing to take place.

maratsade

@GabeU ,

I agree with you; I don't think they offer trials for anything.  I do hope one of the reps chimes in to clarify, though.