Hughesnet Community

Question regarding my bill to be generated on 3/4...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Question regarding my bill to be generated on 3/4...

Hi.  I just wanted to make sure that when my bill is generated it will include the $10 per month discount that was offered when I upgraded.  I went through the email I received to do the upgrade and it offered $10 off per month for 12 months.  I just wanted to make sure that it will be $69.99 rather than $79.99.  This, of course, is besides the $9.99 lease fee and the $5.00 paper invoice charge.  The total should be $84.98, NOT $94.98. I just wanted to make sure they are going to give me that $10 off per month for 12 months and not renege on the deal. 

If you cannot bring up my account by my community name, please let me know what info you need. 

Thanks for the help. 

11 REPLIES 11
Amanda

Hi Gabe

I'll look into this and let you know what I see!

Thanks
Amanda
GabeU

Hi Amanda,

After getting up this morning and once again seeing that my bill was faulty, I called customer service and they credited me $40 for the problem.  I also talked with them, in detail, making sure what my bill would be from now on.  I WILL reflect the $10 off, and that is clearly stated in the conversation, so if there is any problem, it will be easily heard in the phone call.  I made sure of that. 

Also, you will see that something goofy happened with my billing when I upgraded.  Something went drastically wrong with the prorated amount.  Two bills in a row were for too much, with the last one for $94 something being the most outrageous.  I understand prorating, but it's as if the system was charging me for both plans for a couple of days.  If anything, the bill generated this month should have been LESS than the normal amount, crediting me for what got messed up last month. 

Anyway, as I said, they put a credit on my account for $40 for the confusion (which they said was mine (I was a national honors student in math)), so everything is fine now. 

Thanks for the help. 

GabeU

Also, I am going to wait a couple of days before I pay the current bill to make sure that there aren't any billing surprises in the meantime. 
GabeU

Also (again (LOL)), this is precisely the type of reason I won't go on automatic billing. 
Amanda

Hi Gabe

So I'll tell you what I see

You have 11 months remaining on a 12 month /$10 discount
You overpaid by $19.54 on 2/06 and it stayed a credit on your account
You were installed the day after your billing date so since we bill in advance you were billed the following:

2/05/16 --- 3/04/16 for Gen4 services installed 2/05/16
3/04/16 --- 4/04/16 for Gen4 services
Plus rental fees, taxes, credit and your monthly discount (click to enlarge)

Basically, this bill was higher because you were installed so early in the month last month and missed the billing for Gen4 services because it was installed the day after your billing date. As it stands, the agents were kind to give you the $40 credit, but I do have to report it to their management.

Thanks
Amanda
GabeU

I find it interesting that after all of that, my new bill, generated today, was again for too much.  Such is life.  It's nice they gave me the discount, though.

You have to report it because of them giving me the $40 credit or because something went wrong with the billing?   

Amanda

Hi Gabe

Nothing went wrong with the billing. You were billed properly for an upgraded system for February through April (we bill the month in advance, you were installed between billing dates)

The proration is only high because you were installed the day after your billing date in February. We'll just be making sure to have the call reviewed to coach the agent if they didn't fully understand how to explain the bill correctly and may have ended up getting confused themselves on the issue.

Thanks
Amanda
GabeU

So the billing in Feb was for Feb 5th through April 4th?  If that's the case, someone needs to train your agents a little better to explain that.  So the extra 19.54 was for 29 days of the difference for the new plan (2/5 through 3/4), then one more month of the difference for the new plan(3/4 through 4/4)?  If that's the case, then I guess that makes sense.  It's a strange way of doing it. 

What will really help is when I get my first paper bill, so I can see just exactly what is going on.  What I thought, which I thought just about anyone else would think, was that my bill generated on Feb 4th (after it was adjusted, as when it was first generated it was for my old plan amount, then it was updated) would be for one day of my old service (2/4) and the rest of the month (2/5 through 3/4) at the new rate, prorated. 

So, just to make sure, I may see this $40 credit (which it turns out I didn't deserve) disappear because of my misunderstanding due to the reps not being able to explain this.  It's nice to know that, due to my lack of ESP ability, I am the fool. 

GabeU

If you need to take the $40 discount off please just do it.  I will wait a couple of days to see if the bill changes before I pay it.  Thanks for the help. 
Amanda

Hi Gabe

You're welcome to keep the $40 its totally fine - youve been a customer for a long time. The agent unfortunately just didn't explain it right and I suspect its because they didn't fully understand it themselves. Its a good opportunity for them to be coached and know for next time (its a costly misunderstanding after a while!)

Amanda
GabeU

I appreciate that, and I certainly do hope that they can learn from this.  I certainly have.  LOL.