Sales Misrepresentation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lissabwayne
New Poster

Sales Misrepresentation

When I called HughesNet I explained that I would be working remotely from my home and I was assured that HugheNet would support this option. When the system was installed, my remote access would not work. I called Tech Support and they explained that HughesNet does not support remote access. I have been forced to find an addiitonal internet provider and now I am paying for HugheNet that I am not using. I would like to reduce my usage to the least amount possible to reduce the amount that I am paying monthly.

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I often work remotely with it and it works. 

How long ago was your sales call? The HN staff on the site may be able to pull it to see what you were told. 

The same has happened to me! I just got charged 400.00 for early termination. I terminated because it did not work! The salesman lied to me . I described all that I needed to do on the internet and was assured of high speeds. Unlimited data. Etc etc. It was immediately bad and I complained from day 1! Slow speeds dipping up and down. Being told I have "too many devices" 8 reduced to 5 and still told the same BS. Dropped emails cost me $7000.00 in business sales!! Told by tech support that Engineers would work on it and call me back. No call . When I asked was told they couldn't reach me. Then I ask what number they called and it was a number that was not nor never mine! Again more BS about checking speeds. More admission of a problem and no solution. I did your connectivity test. Have a screenshot. Bel oil w par by 10%! Got fed up and cancelled and immediately charged 400.00!!! This is not rightI have been jerked around from day 1! How do I get that 400 refunded which 1 customer service said I shouldn't be charged because I am getting substandard service!!
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Read the contract (http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm). You're legally bound by this contract from the second you agree to have the system installed [in fact, your verbal agreement is your signature], and if you end the contract early, you will pay $400 for the firt 90 days (the fee decreases over time after that). 

The testing and troubleshooting are necessary to determine what's wrong with your system and to fix it.  It may take time, so having a patient disposition is a plus.

The company will not consider decreasing or eliminating the early termination fee if you refuse to work with them in determining what the problem may be. They can only see one side of the equation; they're not in your house to see what's going on on your side, so they need you to work with them, for however long it takes to improve the issue or fix it altogether.   You can also pay to have a technician come over and check your system, but you have to pay for it -- this is not a free service. 

Since you've cancelled already, it's likely there's nothing the company can do for you anymore. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Kbart322 wrote:
The same has happened to me! I just got charged 400.00 for early termination. I terminated because it did not work! The salesman lied to me . I described all that I needed to do on the internet and was assured of high speeds. Unlimited data. Etc etc. It was immediately bad and I complained from day 1! Slow speeds dipping up and down. Being told I have "too many devices" 8 reduced to 5 and still told the same BS. Dropped emails cost me $7000.00 in business sales!! Told by tech support that Engineers would work on it and call me back. No call . When I asked was told they couldn't reach me. Then I ask what number they called and it was a number that was not nor never mine! Again more BS about checking speeds. More admission of a problem and no solution. I did your connectivity test. Have a screenshot. Bel oil w par by 10%! Got fed up and cancelled and immediately charged 400.00!!! This is not rightI have been jerked around from day 1! How do I get that 400 refunded which 1 customer service said I shouldn't be charged because I am getting substandard service!!

Damian

Hello @lissabwayne,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you may have been misled during the sales call. If you simply wish to reduce your current monthly bill, you can call 866-347-3292 and have your plan lowered to the 10GB Service Plan. If you are looking for further compensation, I will need to review the sales call for confirmation. Please let me know what you would like to do going forward. 

-Damian