Hughesnet Community

Sales Rep Misled. They wouldnt let me out. Equipment Failed. Do NOT use HughesNET.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LARRY18
Freshman

Sales Rep Misled. They wouldnt let me out. Equipment Failed. Do NOT use HughesNET.

I fell for the commercial hype about 5G.  Called Hughes net rep to confirm my alarm company would be supported (NextAlarm).  He said call was recorded so I wish someone would review the recording.  He actually said that Nextalarm and hughesnet had partnered and it worked perfectly.  I will spare you all the painful details about 8+ hours of tech support calls. I was told by several in tech support that this would never work due to latency causing the alarm system to constantly alert as it was losing signal with the monitirong center.  Second, I asked can the sales rep can you stream netflix/amazon prime video.  I was told even if you ran out of data the slower speed would allow the streaming.  This was NEVER true, i even called netflex and had my account restricted to standard def.  I pleaded with Hughesnet to let me out of the contract as it never worked as represented by their salespeople.  I was told over and over your equipment is fine and after hours of spending time on the phone a tech came out and said atenna was malfuctioning and replaced it.  It streamed some video very pixalated but thats about it and then it buffers.  One highlight of the tech calls was when a tech overseas continually asked if I was currently  in a hurricane after telling him the sky was clear and sunny at the beginning.  The training is terrible the first line individuals have.  I am always respectful and never agressive but during the call a tech said "look we are trying to run a business so we cant let you out without a fee".  That really let me see the true colors of what is being taught at hughesnet.  I have totally given up.  My know we cant watch netflix and have had to switch alarm services.  The internet is useless to us.  We are just counting down the days until August 2020 when we can terminate.  I feel strongly I was wronged and I dont want this to happen to others so I am spreading this message on as many outlets as possible.  Nothing worse than everyone losing, just dont let their sales people do this to you...

14 REPLIES 14
HughesNOT

I agree Hughes net is slow net. If you cancel and send back the equipment they can only charge you $10.00 per month for the rest of your contract. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@HughesNOT wrote:

I agree Hughes net is slow net. If you cancel and send back the equipment they can only charge you $10.00 per month for the rest of your contract. 

The Early Termination Fee is $400 for the first 90 days after activation, then $15 less per month thereafter.  It is NOT $10 per month for the rest of your contract.  

@HughesNOT,

Your post is incorrect. In addition to what @GabeU said, once you cancel your account, the contract will end along with any recurring charges on the account.  Your only obligation after cancelation would be to pay your termination fee in full and return the equipment to prevent you from being charged the unreturned equipment fee. 

-Damian 

Damian

Hello Larry,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear this. I will investigate the sales call if it is still available, and let you know of my findings. I will private message you about your options regarding termination after this investigation is complete. Please allow for a full business week for this to take place. 

-Damian

Damian

Larry,

After investigating this issue, it appears the sales call is no longer available. This is due to the call taking place in July of 2018. Since there is clear documentation of issues on your account, I would like to offer some type of relief. Please private message me if you are still considering termination, as I would like to work with you on this.

-Damian  

Thank you Sir for following up.  I am not sure if this is a Private Message sent directly to you as requested but I would definetly be appreciative of pursing seperation from the HughesNet Service as it does not function with for the reason we were told it would do so as I described above.  Again, I do appreciatet the follow up.  Larry

Thank you Sir for following up.  I am not sure if clicking reply is a Private Message sent directly to you as requested but I would definetly be appreciative of pursing seperation from the HughesNet Service as it does not function with for the reason we were told it would do so as I described above.  Again, I do appreciatet the follow up.  Larry

GabeU

@LARRY18 

Though Damian will see your reply here, if you want to you can PM him by clicking on his name in his reply in this thread, then click "Send a message" on his page.  Then title the message like you would when you start a topic in the community, and then type your message.  Then click Send Message.  

Also, when someone PMs you, or replies to a PM you sent them, you'll see a red number on the envelope icon on the upper right of the page.  When you click on that it will take you to the page of your PMs (both received and sent).

Edit:  If/when you recieve a PM and you click on the envelope icon to read it, make sure to then click on the title of the PM to open the PM fully.  Sometimes PMs are long, and on the PM page you only see a preview of the message.  Clicking on the title opens it fully.

Thank you Gabe I sent Damian a message.  

GabeU

You're very welcome.  🙂

I thoroughly agree.  Rep couldn't/wouldn't provide copies of paperwork until AFTER I signed.  Misrepresented, gave 800 # that was disconnected.  Equipment I bought is suspected used equipment.  Died after about two months.  DEAD.  Drove 75 miles to their office.  Got on phone with service, was told to go home and call (new number) as needed to be at install site to evaluate.  Did, and repeated FAIL, FAIL (over 100 times) with tech online.  They were going to send a tech out ON MY DIME, but relented.  Would have tech call for appointment.  Never happened.  Local office where we first contacted closed up.  In the wind!  Hughes continued to bill for $59.99/month.  After 4 months, had credit card deny charges.  Whoa, a letter from HUGHES says they will charge for early termination.  VERY insulting conversation with HUGHES (talked over us, refused to listen, etc.) for 50 minutes (on hold a lot) said they would cancel, but charge us early termination fee.  Told them no, since they defaulted.  He wouldn't listen.  We'll see them in court or whatever is needed.  AGREE... DO NOT use HUGHES.net..... 

GabeU

@REALLYfedup 

If you're looking for help, please start a new topic in the "myAccount and Billing" section.

Larry, 

I received your private message and have responded with details regarding termination. Please refer there for additional support or send another private message if you have questions regarding your specific contract details. If you would like to update us on your status after this process is finished, you can do so in this thread. 

-Damian. 

Larry, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread or respond directly to the private message I sent you. 

-Damian