Sales rep didn't tell about a contract

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Js4
New Poster

Sales rep didn't tell about a contract

My wife was referred to hughesNet by our previous internet provider. Since they dont provide service where we moved. The sales rep did not inform of a two year contract or early cancellation fee on the phone or at the time of installation. In fact the rep said after two months we would get a 100 dollars back. The first I knew that this service would not meet the needs of a five person household. When we try to cancel it was a shock to be informed that we had contract. I requested for any signed document to be emailed to me. Was denied. My wife even ask to review the recorded sales call. Also denied. I am really confused if there was any true or just a sales rep not tell customers the truth to make a his numbers. I ask to talk to a manager and was informed the person I was speaking to was the manager. The worst customer experience ever.
7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Js4 

Though customers can't obtain a recording of the sales call, as it's owned by HughesNet, a review can be done of said call if it's been no longer than about three months since it took place.  Depending on the result of the review, you may have recourse. 

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 5PM EST.  They usually reply within a day, so you'll likely see a reply from one tomorrow (Wednesday).  Sales call reviews themselves, however, can take up to a week to perform.

Js4
New Poster

My wife was referred to hughesNet by our previous internet provider. Since they dont provide service where we moved. The sales rep did not inform of a two year contract or early cancellation fee on the phone or at the time of installation. In fact the rep said after two months we would get a 100 dollars back. The first I knew that this service would not meet the needs of a five person household. When we try to cancel it was a shock to be informed that we had contract. I requested for any signed document to be emailed to me. Was denied. My wife even ask to review the recorded sales call. Also denied. I am really confused if there was any true or just a sales rep not tell customers the truth to make a his numbers. I ask to talk to a manager and was informed the person I was speaking to was the manager. The worst customer experience ever.
GabeU

This Community isn't instant reply.  As well, one topic for your quesiton/issue is enough.  

Please refer to the topic you already created....

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/Sales-rep-didn-t-tell-about-a-contract/m-p/...

Liz

Good morning Js4,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Js4
New Poster

Hello Liz
Did you need any information like account # or reference #?
maratsade

They don't normally need that info -- they can pull it up from their side.

Js4 wrote:

Did you need any information like account # or reference #?

Hello Js4,

I appreciate your patience while your case was reviewed. As maratsade noted, we can locate your account if you're part of the community, and I've already done so to get that sales call review request for you. Good news, we got a quick turnaround for you! Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM with the details.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!