Salesman was dishonest

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Snw1234
New Poster

Salesman was dishonest

I just wanted to get the cheapest service where I am and there wasn’t really any options for where I’m located being out in the country... or at least that’s what I was told. The salesman assured me that Hughes net was the only service that could provide internet in our area (or if there was another service it wouldn’t be worth paying for because of slow speeds). I was told over the phone that the first year would be $49.99 a month then the second year it would go up to $59.99 a month. I was ok with that. After getting my bill, it was $73! I called Hughes net and they said there were a bunch of extra fees for rental equipment and tax and such. I asked directly if we could use our own modem and router to prevent any rental fees and both the salesman and technician said it wasn’t possible to use our own equipment and that we had to use the equipment provided. With that said, I made sure that there weren’t gonna be any equipment rental fees monthly and the salesman was adamant that there would not be any fees. I talked to customer support and they said there’s nothing they could do about the rental fees because it has been more than 30 days. On top of all that, they never once explained the data that we would get. Only that we would get unlimited data. Come to find out, we only get 10 gigs of data before it drops off to nothing. I probably used that up in about two weeks. The whole thing is just so frustrating to be lied to then not told about our internet data. I just want to be charged what I was told.
9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Snw1234 

The reps are normally on M-F from approximately 9AM to 5PM EST, so they'll likely reply tomorrow, though there is sometimes one on during the evening.  If it's been no more than about three or four months since your sales call, they can likely pull that call to have it reviewed to see what was said.  Depending on what's found in that review, you may have some type of recourse.  

BTW, regarding your second sentence, no service is going to be able to tell you, nor would they likely tell you even if they knew, what is available in you area, as they aren't there to advertise, nor sell, nor even tell you the availability of, someone else's product.  As well, pretty much all salespeople will give you the opinion that their product is the best, as their job is to sell that product.  Your best bet for finding what's available to you, whether it be internet, TV, utilities, etc., is to research it online, and even ask others in the area.    

Damian

Hello @Snw1234,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you may have been misinformed during the sales call. Please allow up to a full business week for this investigation to be completed. After that, I will private message you the results and what steps we will take going forward. Thank you for your patience and understanding in advanced.  

-Damian 

Were you able to pull the sales call?

@Snw1234,

Thank you for your patience during the investigation. I have private messaged you the results along with the steps we will be taking next. 

-Damian 

I did not receive a personal message
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Snw1234 wrote:
I did not receive a personal message

Do you see the envelope on the upper right of the page?  If there was a PM sent, you'll see an indication there. Then click on the envelope to go to the PM, and then click on the title of the PM to open it fully to read.    

No messages in my inbox

@Snw1234,

I have sent a private message to you again. As @GabeU stated previously, please make sure you click the envelope on the upper right of the page. Click on the envelope to go to the PM, and then click on the title of the PM to read its contents in their entirety. Please make sure you are doing this on this community page and not your HughesNet email. 

-Damian  

@Snw1234,

Please refer there for additional support. 

-Damian