Screwed over again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ziggyzippo
Freshman

Screwed over again

This is not the first time I have been screwed over by hughesnet. I lost my line of sight and had a tech come out several times and said that too many tress were in the way now and he could do nothing. He told me I would not be charged until my service was active again. As of this post I do not have line of sight still. I checked on my app and I owed $17 on my bill. That Friday I went to pay it because it been a month or so and my account was unable to login. Guess what they sent my account to collection over $17 when I had no line of sight. So now what? How do I get my account back. I have been. With hughesnet around 9 or ten years and its been one mess after another. I lost cooperates number I had for direct call. I did not return my radio and modem because as soon as I humanly can I am going to have a bunch of trees cut but I alone cannot do it. So hughesnet your move. I cannot even find out how much I supposedly owe now. Disappointed more I. Hughesnet every day. I wish my fiber optic line wasn't two miles away.
10 REPLIES 10
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ziggyzippo

When an account is put on a service suspension, which may very well be what was done with yours, at least temporarily, due to you not being able to use the service, you are still responsible for the monthly equipment lease fee and any applicable taxes.  This may very well be what the $17 is from. 

I'm sure a rep will look into this for you when they see your post.  

Jay

Hello Ziggyzippo,

After reviewing the account, I found that when we originally installed the service there was not a Line of Sight issue but as the years have passed, the trees in your area have grown and are now causing an issue. I see that we've had multiple technicians visit your site and have we've informed you that the trees need to be trimmed. I do not see any notes from the technician claiming that you were no longer required to pay your bill so you do currently owe $17.52 to bring the account up to date. At this point, I am willing to offer to suspend the service for 6 months which will allow you time to trim the trees that are obstructing the satellite's view. During the suspension, you will not be required to make any payments but service will resume after the 6 months have ended. 

If you do not wish to suspend services or trim the trees, the only other course of action is to cancel services, as we won't be able to provide you service while the trees are blocking line of sight.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

-Jay

Jay,
That works for me. My leg is injured so I cannot cut them at this time. Which number do I call to pay the $17? And will this also take the account out if collection? Lastly if I get the trees cut can I reactivate my account prior to the six months? Thank you Jay.

ziggyzippo, 

Please call us at  866-347-3292 and reference case number 117239355 to make your payment and suspend the service. Paying the $17 should bring the account current and yes, you can reactive the account before the six months are over.

-Jay

About five minutes ago I received a nasty phone call from a collection lawyer saying I owed $389.00 and she was very rude. So please take my account out of collection.

ziggyzippo,

As I said in my previous message, the $17 balance needs to be settled before you can be taken out of collections. Please call us at 866-347-3292 and reference case number 117239355 to make your payment and suspend the service. 

-Jay

Okay iy will be Friday before I can do that.

Jay I am literally in hold right now trying to pay the $17 and they are saying something about $46 not $17. Same old story again. My hold music just stopped, I hope they didn't hang up on me or lose the call.

Holy crap! That was the easiest and nicest call I have ever had with hughesnet in the ten years I have been doing business with the company! Wow. Everything is in the works and she is supposed to call me back in an hour/hour and a half to wrap things up! I appreciate all the effort Jay and will let you know after the final call!

ziggyzippo, 

I see that we were able to reach you and successfully suspend the service. Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns!

-Jay