Hughesnet Community

Sometimes web acceleration is only a problem with specific web pages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff Hendrickso

Sometimes web acceleration is only a problem with specific web pages

This post is not clear at all.  The only way I have found to get to the advanced page of the HT1100 modem is by typing in this address:  http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/index.cgi?Command=1
Then from there, on the left side menu, hit "web acceleration" and then click "control" under that, and you will get a screen that allows you to turn off all web acceleration.  Click the checkmark box, then hit "submit."  To turn it back on, click the box again (and the checkmark will disappear) and hit "submit" again.  This sometimes help to restore service for a while, but it does not solve any underlying problems.  Sometimes web acceleration is only a problem with specific web pages, and in my case, using specific web pages on a specific computer.  My Toshiba laptop gives me a lot of web acceleration errors, but my HP desktop, using the same websites, does not.  

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: i have frontier.my.yahoo.com as my defult page how do i turn off the web accelera....
10 REPLIES 10
Liz

Good morning Jeff,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We want to address your concerns, so please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account. The Web Acceleration Server does not distinguish what machine is used to access the internet. What website(s) generate the Web Acceleration error? Which Web Acceleration error are you getting? The best way for us to troubleshoot this is as it's happening. If the errors come up again, please call us as soon as it happens at 866.347.3292 so we can investigate immediately.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Kinda suggests a problem with the hardware, setup or OS on the Toshiba laptop. Maybe a combination of all three. The Hughes network is not going to treat one computer different from another once it gets out over the modem unless there is something different with the computer itself.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

I have actually seen the same Dell laptop do the exact same thing on a 
HT1000 but work perfectly on a HT1100 but an HP laptop work correct on both and it turned out to the wireless card in the Dell
Liz

Sounds interesting, Charles, I'll keep that in mind. We won't know for sure until we get to troubleshoot this error live. 🙂

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

The wireless card that has this problem is an intel centrino 6230 and the one that works right is an intel centrino 7260AC if that helps you any
Liz

Noted. Thanks, Charles!

-Liz

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Charles, Intel laptop wireless adapters have always given me some kind of problem. I always end up going back to Qualcomm Atheros, using a dual-band AR5BWB222 for some time and works great. Added benefit of Bluetooth.

Guess Intel isn't as good with wireless adapters as they are with CPUs.  
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

I will have to look at that one, both of the intel above also have bluetooth, does the Qualcomm have an AC version?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Charles, here second chart from bottom. Don't see any with bluetooth in flags that are Atheros though.

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/List_of_802.11ac_Hardware
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Ok thanks, I will take a look