Streaming/Remote Login Inaccessible

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texasxtreme5
New Poster

Streaming/Remote Login Inaccessible

When signing up for service we mentioned that we'd be using the service for streaming videos on Netflix, YouTube, etc. as well as using VPN and logging in remotely for work. We are not able to stream without the video buffering constantly and even when it loads for brief periods it's not in high quality. We are not able to connect remotely for work, if it does finally connect it disconnects continuously. This is a requirement of our jobs and was mentioned from the beginning. After many calls to tech support about our speed and these problems, they increased our data plan at no charge to see if that would help but it didn't. After calling again the person mentioned that VPN would definitely not work and that it wouldn't support that. That would have been really nice to know from the beginning, we wouldn't have signed up for services. We need to cancel our service so that we can get one that works but feel it's absurd to pay the cancellation fee for service that is not what was said it would be. I would like to request a copy of the sales call when we signed up for service to verify that we did indeed talk about these specific items and if that proves we did, I would like to cancel our service without cancellation charges. Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

How long have you been a Hughesnet subscriber? The mods here may be able to listen to your sales call to see what expectations were set when you called, and they will make a determination from there.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Thanks so much, yes the moderator is what I was looking for. That's what the tech support person told me on the phone but I couldn't remember what he called them. Appreciate it!

Hi texasxtreme5,

Good news! We got a quick turnaround on the sales call review. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Have a great weekend!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning texasxtreme5,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!  We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. Considering you signed up for service in December 2017, there's a good chance the sales call will not be available and there wouldn't be much more we could do.  

I'll post back once I have any updates for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!