Hughesnet Community

Take a moment now and join your fellow customers to visit your HughesNet Community for answers and ideas on using your HughesNet service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimamling

Take a moment now and join your fellow customers to visit your HughesNet Community for answers and ideas on using your HughesNet service.

I was asked "Take a moment now and join your fellow customers to visit your HughesNet Community for answers and ideas on using your HughesNet service." at the end of the a service cancellation survery. This makes no sense to me, since I was CANCELLING the service. How STUPID is THAT?
6 REPLIES 6
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Real stupid I guess.
However if you had come to the community earlier your issues with the service may have been addressed.
Liz

Good morning jimamling,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Glad you pointed this out; customers who've cancelled and returned within our 30 day open return period may find value in the community. We even have some non-HughesNet customers who occasionally post useful tidbits, like about general tech tips, for all to benefit. So regardless of your status, you're welcome to contribute constructive ideas to the community.

Good luck with your future ISP.

Thanks,
Liz 
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Amanda

Hi Jezra,

Just FYI www.hughesnet.com is for selling service and http://community.myhughesnet.com  is for supporting the service. Potential customers are always welcome to visit our community and those who cannot find it can easily visit Twitter, Facebook, etc to see what you're trying to point out here. Facebook is pretty obvious, right?

I know that you're very concerned about our website and how we market our company, so I think with your ideas maybe you'd like to apply for a job with Hughes Network Systems?

Thanks
Amanda
Amanda

Hi jezra,

Hopefully when users have an issue they search for hughesnet + issue they're having. HughesNet.com has an whole HELP area at the bottom of the page.

Here's the link to the job site

Thanks
Amanda
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Jezra,

I disagree, its as easy as one, two, three.

Let me demonstrate:

The first step a user should take when having issues is to look at the systems "gauges", the SCC:

What do we see ? A "HELP" section.

Which leads to step 2:

Community "help forums" are very prevalent these days .....

That leads to the next step: 

Beyond that, you can't swing a dead cat in the direction of Google with getting multiple references to Hughesnet.

I fear the googlefoo is weak in this one.

Amanda

Hi

Yes, you both have wonderful points. Please remember that we do all we can to support the product we have already sold here in the community, but it is not the only place someone can get help. If someone cannot find their way to a phone call, chat, email, facebook page, twitter feed, community forum or other forum (yak shack? dslr?) ......then you get where that is going.

Your feedback has previously been relayed but since I don't have a Masters in marketing, I don't make those decisions.

Thanks,
Amanda

P.S. Jezra - nope. I would love to be at home in my PJ's right now!