Hughesnet Community

Termination Fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimberlyann65

Termination Fee

Since we switched to Hughes Net, we never make it through the month on 10gb. When I signed up I explained I worked online and was assured that 10gb was plenty. Unfortunately we learned a lesson, never sign a contract for service. Luckily we can make payment for the termination fee, but I won't recommend Hughes Net to anyone that has an online job. My opinion since they were partially at fault we shouldn't have to be held 100% liable for the termination fee. The gal I spoke with in customer service was very nice, before I decided to look elsewhere for a different provider.
2 REPLIES 2
hwvaux
New Poster

Well stated , Bill.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! We appreciate your feedback and were sorry to hear that you are considering leaving us. Many customers who are more familiar with cable or Fios tend to have a hard time making a switch to satellite. Unfortunately that is the nature of the beast. Unlimited bandwidth/data is just not possible with 1 million+ subscribers using a system with longer latency etc. However many customers do find ways to manage their usage and we have plenty of information available here on our forum that you can utilize to get the most out of your service.

Have you done any research to see what else is available in your area? If you do end up cancelling your service we hope that everything goes well with your next ISP.

Thank you,
Chris