Hughesnet Community

Terrible Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brett Andricks

Terrible Service

Hughes Net is the worst service I have ever received.  Not only did the internet service not work well from the start, when we called to get help they didn't address our needs.  Then when we were finally able to cancel the service, they had the audacity to charge us a $355 cancellation fee.  They charge us to cancel a service that didn't work from the beginning.  So not only did I pay a monthly fee for poor service/performance that definitely did not meet the expectations they spell out in advertisements, they charge me for canceling their poor service.  It is unfortunate that is how companies work today, lock you into a contract and when they don't perform, charge you to seek a service that can perform.  Maybe the cancellation fee is one of Hughes Net's biggest revenue streams.  When I went through the cancellation process, I was sent to a rep that read me multiple times the canned speech and responses to objection, and then offered to send someone out to check on the service.  So I had to reach to point of cancelling for them to get serious about addressing our issue.  Then when I was past the point of listening to their responses, they informed me of the fee I would be receiving.  So they proved they really don't care as long as they get paid their fees.  They should try providing better service/performance and then maybe I wouldn't have had to cancel.  I will do my best to tell everyone I can about their service so somebody else doesn't get stuck with ridiculous fees and poor service.
2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi Brett,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear what happened, we'll look into your case notes to see where we need improvement so we can make appropriate changes moving forward. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, it means a lot to us; as it can only help us do better.

Enjoy your new ISP!

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Brett Andricks

Liz,
I appreciate your response.  If it means a lot to your company and you, and your company and you want to make positive changes going forward, your company should be professional enough and willing to admit when they didn't do right for a customer and your service didn't perform like it is supposed to.  Don't charge me the $355 fee to cancel your service.  It is very simple what you do going forward, you do the right thing!  I understand you have to put certain policies in place, but if you believe in your service and are willing to stand behind it, and want to take care of more customers with that service, you should not penalize customers who you didn't take care of.  If you are good at what you do, then you should have more satisfied customers than dissatisfied and won't need to charge fees to those who you didn't satisfy.  I have been let down as a consumer before, we as consumers are starting to get used to it, but this is the first time I have ever posted or gone this far to make a complaint.  I guess I have felt like it typically won't do any good because nothing will be done about it.
Sincerely,
Brett