Hughesnet Community

Theft for Terrible Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debi Day

Theft for Terrible Service

You charged our Bank Acct. over $300.00 for early Termination We tried your Service for 3 mos and even upgraded to The Max You Offer....Trust Me I know alot of People and they will never Here Us Say anything Good About Your Service....And by the Questions on your Survey and Freinds I hear that had the same problems they would never Reccomend Hugh's We need You to Credit Our Account for The $300.00 You Stole from Us!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

What is the problem that you had with the service?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Hughesnet allows a subscriber to cancel service without penalty within the first 30 days.

After that the Subscriber Agreement calls for an Early Termination Fee of up to $400 depending upon how many months remain on the subscribers service commitment.

The Subscriber Agreement may be read in full here:
http://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-01-01-15.cfm

The portion pertaining to leased equipment reads as follows:

Early Termination: Lease Option

If you cancel your order before installation, you will be refunded the amount that was collected at time of order.

If you cancel after activation but before the end of your 24-month term commitment, you will be charged a Service Termination Fee of up to $400. The exact amount of the Service Termination Fee will be $400 for the first ninety (90) days after activation of the HughesNet Service. Thereafter, the amount will decrease by $15 per month for each month of active Service.

Further, you must return your HughesNet modem, power supply, and radio in good condition within 45 days of cancellation date or be charged a $300 Unreturned Equipment Fee ($100 for the modem and power supply and $200 for the radio transmitter).

If you cancel after the end of your 24-month term commitment, you must return your HughesNet modem, power supply, and radio.

Please be aware that there is also a Non Returned Equipment Fee if you do not return the Modem, power supply and "radio" that is mounted on the end of the dish "arm".

Those need to be returned to Hughes in a prepaid Return Kit that will be sent to your service address after your cancellation take effect.

I suggest you post a case number or the serial number of your modem so that the Hughes employees can locate your account details when they return Monday.

Chris11
Alum

Hello Debi,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can understand your frustration, however we'll need to look into this further. To locate your account I'll need a recent case number or your modem's serial(if you still have it). Once I have your account pulled up I can investigate and be better equipped to assist you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris