Told wrong information

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulahansen66
New Poster

Told wrong information

In March 2019 I used my debit card to with my mother up with your service. I was advised numerous times that my debit card would be removed from the account it was just needed for one time fee. Then a month later my card was charged again so we called and they apologized but my card was indeed not taken off of the account like I was told. This morning I went online to my banking only to find out that I have been being charged every month for over a year for my mothers Internet when I was told my card was not on file. Please contact me Hillary at (redacted) I would like my money back as one of your technicians gave out the wrong information

4 REPLIES 4
Remy

Paula,

I see it's your first post here, thank you very much for reaching out! I can understand your frustrations completely, especially if you were told something different to begin with. I'm going to go ahead and place a request for the call to be reviewed, and I'll be back shortly with results. It normally takes between 1-3 days for the call to be pulled and reviewed, just to give you a heads up!

Thanks,

Remy

Please do as this is over $1000

Paula,

I went ahead and edited the message for you, and took out the number! I also got a response in regards to the sales call. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate the sales call, as we normally only keep the sales calls up to a year. In this case, the call was over a year and a half ago, and the service has been in use since then. In regards to the bills, HughesNet policy states that you have up to 15 days after the bill is generated to dispute the charges, and we would still need payment for the services regardless. We apologize for the inconvenience, and would recommend speaking with your mother in regards to the past payments. The previous agent you spoke with removed the card on file, so you will not be charged to that previous card going forward.

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Paulahansen66 

It would be best for you to edit your phone number out of your post.  This is both for security reasons and so you don't start getting inundated with robocalls and other unwanted calls.  If the HughesNet reps need any personal information they will request it to be given via Private Message, for which they normally provide a link.  

You can edit your post by clicking on the three vertical dots to the upper right and clicking on "Edit Message".