Hughesnet Community

Trouble Understanding Bill.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisB

Trouble Understanding Bill.

So, I watched the video on the app that explains how the billing process works, and even listened to the Audio step by step on the billing history page. However, it’s not clearly explained to me (or maybe i’m just having difficulty understanding), how exactly this works. I get that you pay a month in advance or something like that, but the rest of it just confuses me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

On September 6th you paid for October. On October 7th you will pay for November. Close to the day when they deduct the amount, they will release the invoice with the amount. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade

Yes, this is the video and rest of the information that i mentioned in my initial post. I’ve watched and read over it carefully, even deciding to reread it to make sense of it all. However, it doesn’t make any sense to me. 

maratsade

What specifically doesn't make sense to you? 

• They bill one month in advance.
  • If you make changes to your service plan or add/cancel additional services during the billing cycle (the current cycle), you will see that reflected on the next bill.
  • If you upgrade your plan before the end of the current cycle, you will see the upgrade and all related fees on the next bill.
  • Some things are recurring monthly fees and appear on every bill unless you make changes to your account or a promotion/credit ends.
  • If you have a promotion with your plan, you will see it on your bill, and it will have a description such as 1 of 12, indicating that this is the first of 12 monthly discounts. After 12 of 12, you won't see it anymore.
  • One time credits and one time fees are one-time only.

The Billing one month in advance. See, i paid my Bill in September, on the 6th. And it’s telling me that the “Due Date” is on the 7th, which i owe $0.00. But the thing that really confuses me is that i have 16 days remaining on my current billing cycle.

maratsade

On September 6th you paid for October. On October 7th you will pay for November. Close to the day when they deduct the amount, they will release the invoice with the amount. 

Oh I see. Thanks for helping me understand this better, i appreciate it. Sorry for any confusion. 

maratsade

No worries; that $0.0 is always a little confusing.