Hughesnet Community

What happens at the end of the contract?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hk2001
New Poster

What happens at the end of the contract?

I'm currently paying $130 a month for 100GB of data. My 24 months is up in April (The first invoice is dated 9/April/2019)

What happens when the contract is over?  There are lots of details in the agreement about what happens if the contract is broken early, but not what happens when it ends

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When your subscriber agreement ends, you can continue subscribing or you can cancel the service without penalty (though you do have to return some of the equipment, unless you have bought it).  If you upgrade your service to the next gen, you enter into a new subscriber agreement. 

@hk2001 wrote:

I'm currently paying $130 a month for 100GB of data. My 24 months is up in April (The first invoice is dated 9/April/2019)

What happens when the contract is over?  There are lots of details in the agreement about what happens if the contract is broken early, but not what happens when it ends

So, no new contract or commitment? No price increase?  I sit there on a month-to-month billing cycle until I get a big black box with an X on it? 

maratsade

No new subscriber agreement or commitment unless you upgrade to a new gen (if you are on Gen 5, you've got the latest one).  Price doesn't change -- this has been my experience from being off contract several times. over the past 15 or so years. 

GabeU

@hk2001 wrote:

No price increase?   

If you were given a 24 month discount at signup that discount will end.  You can see if you were getting a discount, and how much it was, on your paper invoices or in invoice breakdowns in the 'My Bill' section of the HughesNet MyAccount site.