Hughesnet Community

Where do I find my contract expiration date?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdillardtx
New Poster

Where do I find my contract expiration date?

I think I've clicked every link in MyAccount, but obviously not the correct one. How do I see how many more months are left on my current contract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

I couldn't find an invoice history.     

When you sign in to look at your account info, go into "My Bill".  Once there you can look at your invoice history.  If you click on "View Older Invoices" you can see how far back they go.  With that said, they only go back for a few years, but one could still determine how long they have left in their contract if a new signup, or by the prices if in a contract due to an upgrade.  

Capture.JPG 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU

@rdillardtx

I searched and I can't find such info, either.  But, if it's from the time you signed up, you should just be able to look at how far back your old invoices go.  If going into a new contract due to an upgrade, you may be able to tell by the change in prices of your invoices.  The standard contract, whether from first signing up or upgrading, is twenty four months.   

maratsade

@GabeU wrote:

@rdillardtx

I searched and I can't find such info, either.  But, if it's from the time you signed up, you should just be able to look at how far back your old invoices go.  If going into a new contract due to an upgrade, you may be able to tell by the change in prices of your invoices.  The standard contract, whether from first signing up or upgrading, is twenty four months.   

I couldn't find an invoice history.   The only thing that I found was on the SCC, under SBC status, there's a line that reads "First Registration Time." That has a date and time when the system was installed, so I know that the contract will end two years from that date.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I couldn't find an invoice history.     

When you sign in to look at your account info, go into "My Bill".  Once there you can look at your invoice history.  If you click on "View Older Invoices" you can see how far back they go.  With that said, they only go back for a few years, but one could still determine how long they have left in their contract if a new signup, or by the prices if in a contract due to an upgrade.  

Capture.JPG 

maratsade

Thanks, Gabe!  It seems there are only 3 years' worth of invoices.... My history goes back only to May 2014.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Thanks, Gabe!  It seems there are only 3 years' worth of invoices.... My history goes back only to May 2014.

Same for me (May 2014), but being that contracts are only for twenty four months, anyone who is in one would have enough to tell when it started.  

maratsade

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

Same for me (May 2014), but being that contracts are only for twenty four months, anyone who is in one would have enough to tell when it started.  

Very true. I guess I could keep invoices by printing them too.  I'm surprised there isn't a PDF option (not that I can see, at least. I only see View and Print).

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:
 I'm surprised there isn't a PDF option (not that I can see, at least. I only see View and Print).

Me, too.  Although I get paper bills, I would surely like to be able to download them in PDF format.  I do that with my DirecTV bills.  I didn't start doing it until about four months ago, and I was only able to get them back through mid 2015, but it's still a good way to keep track of them.  I wish Hughesnet would do that, for sure.  

maratsade

My bank has PDF statements too, as do my credit card accounts.  It's a very useful thing and it saves time, for sure! Maybe they'll add that in an upcoming site update. 🙂

maratsade

@rdillardtx wrote:

I think I've clicked every link in MyAccount, but obviously not the correct one. How do I see how many more months are left on my current contract?

You should call or chat with the customer service reps.  You could also try the System Control Center. I found a date of installation for my Gen 5 system there, and that lets me know how much is left on the contract. Not the best solution, but it'd give you the information you seek.  I'm not sure if this information is available for systems before Gen 5, though, so you may end up having to chat or call.