Hughesnet Community

Why was I charged the equipment fee after I returned it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael6

Why was I charged the equipment fee after I returned it?

I canceled HughesNet service within the 30-day trial period. HughesNet sent me a box to return the equipment. I returned the equipment, and yet I see a $318.75 charge in my bank account. This needs to be resolved NOW. I don't have the money or desire to give HughesNet an interest-free loan.
9 REPLIES 9
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
Michael6

Michael Hargiss
Chris11
Alum

Hello Michael,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. There may be a system issue when receiving the equipment by serial number, and I apologize for this. If you did in fact return all of the equipment, we should be able to resolve this for you. Can you please provide us with a recent case number instead? We were unable to retrieve your account using that name. Looking forward to your reply

Thank you,
Chris
Michael6

Hi, Chris. I'm not sure where to find a recent case number. The account may be under this name: Michael Hargifs
Chris11
Alum

Hi Michael,

I was able to pull up your account with that name. I will investigate and get back to you with an update soon. 

Thank you
Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hi Michael,

Our system shows that no equipment was received. Did you by any chance record the tracking number when sending back your equipment? Also, do you know the specific date that you sent the modem and radio back to us? We are working with our equipment return department to verify the serial numbers for your equipment. They should be able to check their database and see if it came through there. We will update you with this once we know more. 

Thanks,
Chris
Michael6

I sent it 12 May. Here's the tracking #: 1Z6W37599001727767 

Looks like it arrived in MD today and is scheduled for delivery by EOD tomorrow (Tuesday, 19 May).
Chris11
Alum

Hi Michael,

Yes you are correct, we should receive it soon. Take note, after you cancel your service, you have 45 days to return the equipment. We send a box that comes with  instructions and a time frame that you have to return the equipment without fees. But, Once we do receive all of the equipment our system will auto refund you the $318.75. Hope this clears it up. Let us know if you need anymore help.

Thanks,
Chris
Michael6

Sounds good. Thank you for your help.