Hughesnet Community

Worst Internet Service Ever

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhasanyeh

Worst Internet Service Ever

I went with HughesNet after the sales person assured me this would be FASTER than Comcast. Not true. I pretty much can't even web browse. I'm thinking of paying the cancellation fees. I'm now moving but it seems to take the service with me will extend my contract for a service that hasn't met basic needs. AND I can't even get the Chat feature to do anything but put me in an email queue. Super frustrating. It is if this company thinks I have time for multiple 1hr long conversations when I don't. 😞
7 REPLIES 7
Liz

Good morning mhasanyeh,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear what happened, we definitely want to get to the bottom of this. Satellite internet is certainly not faster than a cable connection. I'll request a sales call review to see what was said during the call and see what we can do for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi mhasanyeh,

Your sales call review came back and found that the sales agent did incorrectly lead you on that we would be faster than Comcast. Once again, I do apologize for the agent misspeaking, they will be coached on how to properly position our service with other ISPs. 

I've created a case you may reference so that you can call in to cancel your service without any Early Termination Fees. Reference case number 50757797, it has instructions from corporate to let you do so. Please give us a call at your convenience at 866.347.3292 to cancel, we're available 24/7.

Feel free to contact us again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

cuddlebug

mhasanyeh I am truly sorry this happened and sorry to see you go.  I wish you the best.  Liz, bravo for your handling of this issue.  Very considerate and professional.  Hats off to you.
donsjgm
Junior

mhasanyeh I too am sorry to see you go and sorry that HN did not meet your needs and expectations. I am especially sorry that the sales rep. was not informed or inaccurately told you of the service's performance.
       I do want to say, as you just have experienced, that HughesNet customer support is superlative. Contrary to the many people who come here to complain, I have found their support second to none.

Best wishes,

Don  🙂
Pam Byers

this is the worse internet provider out there i can not get any service when it rains cloudy or at night cant play any games they sukered me right into this contrct i with a deal an d i wish i could get out of it they told me it was faster than the one i had which it is not thinking about call ing the better buisiness burae to file report bbecasue i do not have the money to pay the cancellation fee. there should be an option in the contrct if u dont like it you can cancel within a certiain time limit but no. ver disstisfied with this company worst ever
donsjgm
Junior

Hi Pam,

Welcome to the community. You can cancel your service within 30 days with no ETF.
Liz

Good morning Pam,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry your expectations aren't being met, we can help address your concerns. Please scroll up and click on the New Post button to start your own thread and include a case number or your HughesNet modem's serial number located on the back/bottom so we can locate your account and get started.

Thanks,
Liz