Would Like audio access to my tech support and billing calls

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exhausted
Sophomore

Would Like audio access to my tech support and billing calls

As indicated in the saga in a below thread, It has been impossible for us to get Hughes to honor what they told us over the phone. We are very frustrated wanting to close our Hughes net account, wanting to return the equipment that is been sitting there ready to be a boxed up for over a month, wanting to be done with all of the wasted time and phone calls that get us absolutely nowhere. I can’t figure out if we had some lock and had some really kind Hughes net customer representative’s and then others who are not so nice and hung up. Or I can’t figure out if the ones who are nice just were giving me a line every single time that I called. No other company conducts business practices like this that I’ve ever dealt with
12 REPLIES 12
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You will not get access to audio recordings of your calls, no matter how much you ask.   Companies do not release these to customers (this is not a Hughesnet thing, it is a common practice in business). 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Thank you. I was told that I could get those.
maratsade

Who told you? I'm sure the Hughesnet mods here would like to know, in case it was someone from the company who misled you. 

Edit:  If your sales call is still available, the Hughesnet mods can pull it and listen to it to make sure all proper expectations were set.  They're usually available for about 6 months.   You personally still would not have access to it, and you would not have access to your tech or billing calls either. 

No one at Hughes told us that we could get access—I was told by a friend who suggested it.
Honestly, the misled part is with regard to a slew of other experiences: supposed credits, being charged for internet when service was down, being told we only owed “x” amount by an agent (having that confirmed upon call being reviewed by another agent) but then being told we were “misinformed”, and being told 3 different things about when we would receive the box to ship our equipment back—making us worry about the 45 day time limit in which to receive equipment.
It’s super frustrating to not be able to talk with a higher level rep—or simply someone who understands the history.
We’ve had and have ATT and Verizon and have never had issues like this. Anything minor was always quickly resolved in a way that was satisfactory.
maratsade

Jeepers, you've had a bad time with this whole thing.  I hope things will get better for you and that you'll get some kind of resolution this coming week.  I imagine there are notes from your calls and the reps, when they come back tomorrow, will be able to check them.  Hang in there! 

I appreciate it, marastade. I truly believe there were Hughes people that wanted to help and that believed what they said would be honored. But somehow, between the different departments and the different people from many different countries, major things were not honored. Hopefully we will be able to move on with our lives. I appreciate this community.
This is one of 3 complaints/negative reviews that I’ve ever filed in my life. (On Yelp, Trip Advisor, Google etc.,.,) Typically, I let stuff go. Mistakes happen. Things don’t always work out as you’d like, but this truly is extreme.

As indicated in the saga in a below thread, It has been impossible for us to get Hughes to honor what they told us over the phone. We are very frustrated wanting to close our Hughes net account, wanting to return the equipment that is been sitting there ready to be a boxed up for over a month, wanting to be done with all of the wasted time and phone calls that get us absolutely nowhere. I can’t figure out if we had some luck and had some really kind Hughes net customer representatives and then others who are not so nice and hung up. Or I can’t figure out if the ones who are nice just were giving me a line every single time that I called. No other company conducts business practices like this that I’ve ever dealt with
maratsade

You need to stop posting now, as what you're doing is considered trolling and it isn't helping your case at all and might actually get you banned from the community for violating the community's rules.   I understand you are frustrated and would like a resolution, but your best move now is to wait for the Hughesnet moderators to address your concerns,   They are in M-F from 9-5.  Give them time to check your accuont and to respond, and cease posting until they do. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Thank you again. I wasn’t trying to troll. I simply am seeking resolution and phone support has gotten us nowhere. This is 5 months in the making. I was hoping others had answers. I’ll wait until
Monday. I’ve never had any experience with a company like this in the past.
maratsade

I'm sorry for giving you the impression I thought you were trolling.  I didn't.  I just wanted to warn you that what you were doing looked like trolling and might have negative consequences for you.  I understand you're frustrated and are trying to have your issues addressed, and I hope they get addressed this coming week. 

@Exhausted wrote:
Thank you again. I wasn’t trying to troll. I simply am seeking resolution and phone support has gotten us nowhere. This is 5 months in the making. I was hoping others had answers. I’ll wait until
Monday. I’ve never had any experience with a company like this in the past.

I get it @marastade. Thanks for writing that.
I’m impressed with this community and that so many offer support. I wish our experiences with Hughes has been better. I did get an email from someone higher up after I emailed them directly. (The Hughes email online had a frustrating character limit and when they replied they clearly hadn’t read what I wrote.)
Hopefully I can get resolution from a real person. Thanks again 🙂

I get it @marastade. Thanks for writing that.
I’m impressed with this community and that so many offer support. I wish our experiences with Hughes has been better. I did get an email from someone higher up after I emailed them directly. (The Hughes email online had a frustrating character limit and when they replied they clearly hadn’t read what I wrote.)
Hopefully I can get resolution from a real person. Thanks again 🙂