bait and switch token price by sales agent

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robgardner1
New Poster

bait and switch token price by sales agent

The sales person I spoke with sold me on a 20G plan with the option to buy unlimited tokens at $9.98 for 20gb's.   I made her explain it thoroughly.  She also stated that the phone call was recorded.    I called in to customer service today and they told me a completely different story.  They advised that  not only do I not get multiple 9.98 tokens,  but that they are 3gb for 9$,  5gb for 15$,  10gb for 30$, and 25gb for 75$.   This is completely out of line from what I was promised when I contracted with HughesNet earlier this week.  I feel like I was a party to a bait and switch scheme and I am not happy about it.   Since the calls are recorded,  I am requesting that the call be listened to and am demanding that Hughesnet honor what what I contractually signed up for with the sales woman.   During my conversation with customer service,  I was also notified that an additional charge for nearly $10/month that I had not consented to was added by the saleslady as well.   This is ridiculous.  Please review the phone call and call me fix this.     My site acct#  is [removed to protect privacy].  

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Yikes, that's not good.  Was your sales call recent?  If so, the HN staff on this site can probably pull it and see what was said. 

Liz

Hi robgardner1,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

jkinna2002
Freshman

When i signed up for Hughes net internet, I was told by the sales agent that i was able to stream all day everyday, I have found out today that i have used up all my high speed internet and now i am unable to stream due to slow internet. I spoke to a rep today. Even with my high speed i still have major issues with streaming. i seriuosly have to contact customer support at least once a week and get some excuse about why its slow. I am extremely unhappy with my service and only have had it just over 30 days. I was better off using my cell phine provider. would have had the same amount of data for cheaper price and better service. Pleae review the phone call and fix this

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jkinna2002 

To get help, please start a new topic requesting a sales call review.  You can do so in this same section (myAccount and Billing).  This will keep your issue separate from the OP's.

Thank you
Liz

Hello robgardner1,

Thank you for your patience while your sales call was reviewed. Good news, we got a quick turnaround on the results! Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM with the details.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!