Hughesnet Community

hidden agenda regarding grandfather clauses

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mglory63

hidden agenda regarding grandfather clauses

I found out today that Hughesnet does not feel it is their responsibility to their customers to inform them of what certain changes to your plans can do to your account such as taking a special offer when we are not aware that we are locked into a grandfather clause ! Once you make the decision to upgrade with one of these so-called great deals be sure to ask how it will affect your billing !!!!!!!!! Also , when I signed up for the $59.99 special for 20 Gs it was supposed to be for the course of 12 months and now they tell me it only will be as such for 6 months ! BEWARE OF WHAT YOUR ACCOUNT STANDING IS BEFORE ACCEPTINF ONE OF THESE SO-CALLED DEALS REALLY MEANS AND MAKE SURE THEY GIVE YOU THE COMMITMENT INFORMATION BEFORE ACCEPTING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

That's very good advice. No one should enter into an agreement without researching all aspects of it first. 

Would you please elaborate about this "grandfather clause"? Also, did they not give you the committment information when you called? 

The HughesNet reps on this site would likely want to trace this kind of issue to the agent involved, so they can make sure everyone gives the required information. Do you have a case number you could post, so they can investigate?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mglory63 

What "grandfather clause" are you referring to.  Did you have some special price/discount with a plan you've had for a while?  

Anytime one upgrades to new service the aspects of that new service, including billing, are applicable.  Grandfather clauses tend to be for the service it was originally given for.  i.e. "You can keep this plan for this price, including this discount, for as long as this plan is available to you or until you upgrade."

I'm sure the reps can look into the issue for you.

Remy

mglory63,

Welcome to the Community! I see it's your first post! We'd be happy to look into this for you, please send your account number or a phone number attached to this link, and we can figure out what's going on!

Thanks,

Remy

I havn't the slightest idea what any of this is about...
Remy

mglory,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy