Hughesnet Community

hughes.net employees don't listen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sweettc

hughes.net employees don't listen

I just called 2nd month in a row for automatric drafting which caused overdraft fees all because hughes.net employees didnt do what i asked, so cost me an xtra $70 bucks. So wrong
9 REPLIES 9
Chris11
Alum

Hi sweettc,

I see this is your first post so welcome to the community! I was able to pull up your account using your profile information and I do see this as the second time you have asked for this change. I'm not too sure what may have happened. Other than the cancellation of your VoIP service I see no other inquiries. We do apologize if there was an inadvertent change made on our part. 

What is your normal process for making payments when your balance is due? Are you sending in a check or going to the support center website to make a one time payment? Depending on the method you may be authorizing auto pay without realizing it. Typically when visiting

http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com. Before logging into your account you can choose this option:

Once chosen you can enter in your payment details. However you need to make sure that you have unchecked the save this card for future payments option. I hope this helps in clarifying.

- Chris

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Just to clarify Chris's comment regarding one time payment option watch carefully for the following:

(click the picture for a larger image)

The above is using the eCheck option, the Credit/Debit Card page is similar.

sweettc

Last month I DID NOT authorize payment to be drafted from my bank but it was so therefore an overdraft fee applied, I called and asked not to do it again and set it to where I will pay it and the lady DID NOT listen and stop it , so it happened once again this month and therefore another overdraft fee I had to pay. As far as the pic above, I have done NONE of that. I have had only 2 bills and they both have been drafted.. So it has costed me an extra $70 bucks.  Yes I canceled home phone only because I seen no use for a cell and home phone and wasteing that money. Now I hope you understand what I am saying because my first call, they didn't and it costed me 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I posted the picture above as a fellow user .....
As to the auto draft, Hughes will auto draft unless you have "invoice billing".
My picture posted above, is a rather ..... unsavory practice in my opinion, that befalls some people that pay unline and miss that check box.
Basicly, its invoice bill or get stuck with auto pay.
The initial auto pay authorization was part of your subscriber aggreement unless you made other arrangements such as invoice billing.
sweettc

well even last month when I called to be taken off autopay, ummmm it NEVER got done and as I read some of these customers reviews, I wish I would have read before I ordered this service.....
sweettc

as of today, I have heard nothing about the problem of fees I had to pay due to hughesnet employee not doing what I asked..I WILL BE GOING ELSEWHERE TY
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Have you called to request that you be put on invoice billing ?
That is the only option other than auto billing.
sweettc

yep, 2 different times, 1st time, they did not do NOTHING which means, it got auto drafted a second time and when I seen it  AGAIN and I was charged overdraft fees , I was sooooo mad when I called.
sweettc

when I called the first time she did nothing. When I called the second time , He said that I updated my credit card the first time and I DID NOT, I asked for NO auto billing. The second time the guy just kinda kept laughing. to me $35 is money that I earned, not to give away because somebody doesn't DO THEIR JOB. It's just really pissed me off.