Hughesnet Community

not for Checking Account Customers - what does this mean?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vtol
New Poster

not for Checking Account Customers - what does this mean?

hello

The below is a NOTIFICATION on the BILLING page:

< not for Checking Account Customers >

*you can set it for like  (1 day) (5 days) (10 days)

Can someone explain this, because I would like to set any helpful EMAIL notifications that I can to prevent payment problems, but I can not seem to figure out how this one works.

Thank you..

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

This is just a guess, but I wonder if it has something to do with the combination of mailing time and the length of time it takes for a check to be entered into the system.  It definitely is interesting.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They'll be able to give you a definitive answer.  

Amanda

Hi vtol,

This is to set your email reminders about your upcoming bill. You can receive it 1, 5 or 10 days in advance to remind you that the bill will be generating soon.

Thanks

Amanda

So its a funds timing rule?

Or a security of funds, I guess its over my head and more information than needed.

Thanks for trying though, I appreciate it anytime someone trys.

cheers

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's not a rule.  You can ask the system to send you a reminder that the monthly bill is coming.  It can remind you 1, 5, or 10 days before it happens. 

I also can not turn this feature on.  It's a grey slider that should toggle on/off, but no matter how many times I click it, it never turns on.  Is there a prerequisite setting that needs attention first?

hughesnet notifications.png

Hi Mr_H3ro,

Thanks for the screenshot! I'll send this up. Just so I can add in some helpful information, could you provide me the web browser you are viewing this on and operating system of the device? 

~Amanda

Hi Mr_H3ro,

When simulating your account I was not able to re-create this issue and the sliders did turn on/off normally. Can you ensure you have no Adblockers or other extensions turned on in your browser? Does this happen for you on any device?

~Amanda