so tired of being jerked around

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HiliaryHarden
New Poster

so tired of being jerked around

I signed up for HughesNet about two weeks ago and was NEVER told the service was not recommended for streaming users, oh the managers say it is but if we watch a two hour movie on Netflix I use up about 20 percent of my data just for that one movie.  Of course I called customer service when I discovered I had gone through all my data and the rep explained to me how it worked and why I was out of data.  Why the salesman didn't explain is still a mystery to me.  So me still being uneducated about satellite internet increased my plan thinking that would solve the problem, nope.  We still go through as much data as the 10gb plan I initially started with and it's just as bad with the 20gb. 

So by this time my family and I discuss how we just want to cancel and go to a different provider but it's not possible unless you pay a $400 early termination fee even though HughesNet never told us about the service not being recommended for heavy streaming.  We used to watch at least 3 hours a night sometimes up to six hours if it was a Saturday and now that has been reduced down to a maximum of a one hour of streaming time.  The manager I spoke to when I called to cancel would not cancel the service.  I called back this morning and the manager I spoke to DID agree to waive the $400 and then she put me on hold and came back and said she could not waive the $400 fee because we had something called Gen 5 I think she said?  She then proceeded to turn the tables on me and call me the bad guy because I upgraded my plan.  I in turn explained to her that I did not know much about satellite internet and didn't realize that upgrading the plan to the 20gb would do nothing.

Our family as mentioned above are heavy streaming users, sometimes two devices going at once but not since HughesNet.  If we were straightup just internet users the service would be just fine for our familly but we're not and the sales rep never mentioned that.  However to HughesNet that is no concern of theirs I feel like nothing will be done to change that policy and they are blaming me and forcing me to pay a $400 early termination fee that I cannot afford.      

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Since you've only been a subscriber for such a short period of time, you may want to request that your sales call be reviewed. This will show what you were told and whether reasonable expectations were set by the agent, and the result of the review may have an impact termination issues. 

As for your other calls, those are not recorded, but there may be notes as to what was said.  In any case, the staff here on this site (they're on M-F, about 9-5), can look into all this and they have more authority to make decisions regarding accounts than the people you speak to on the phone.  They may take one or two days to get back to you, so check back often.  And if you'd like your sales call reviewed, please post and ask for the review. 

Thank you for responding.  Yes I would very much like my sales call to be reviewed.

Good morning HiliaryHarden,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you.

Hi Hiliary,

Thanks so much for your patience while your sales call was reviewed. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM with the results.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!