cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding inline images to Hughesnet email

Senior

Re: Adding inline images to Hughesnet email

@maratsade

I 've switched back and forth so many times, I think mine is fowled up now...

I cant find that check box either.   Smiley Indifferent

Senior

@kitnbob wrote:

@maratsade

I 've switched back and forth so many times, I think mine is fowled up now...

I cant find that check box either.   Smiley Indifferent

@maratsade I'm sorry you haven't found the right combination yet,,,,   But let's slow down a bit, because HughesNet Gen5 speed is not so good when Uploading yet...........  It screams on downloads.........  But remember to give a little slack when entering Data.  I hit "enter" way too fast MANY times myself.

OK,   I have two browsers running now looking HughesNet WebMail, 1; Ajax (advanced), 2; Standard HTML

They are visually different.

This is when you are using AJAX

PrefsAjax.PNGHeader Ajax.PNG

This is IT when running ajax

There is NO "social Tab" and

There are more Pref's in HTML a whole row of tabs

PrefsHTML.PNGNotice, many tabs across

We are NOT in AJAX. I have to redact my name at top.

Header HTML.PNG

In HTML there is NO spell checker

Header Ajax.PNGLOOK SpellChecker in AJAX

IF YOU are here.........  clic on "Add Attachment"   to see if the inline image check box is visable

Sorry That there are so Many images in this post.

Distinguished Professor III

@maratsade

Wow, that's just plain odd.  The only way I can mimic the screen you get, as in not having the option to "Show Images In Message Body", is to set the "Composing" preference to Text instead of HTML, regardless of whether the General preference is Ajax or HTML.  Normally, I have preferences set to their default settings, which is Ajax under General and HTML under Composing.  It's odd that, even with yours set the same way, you're seeing what you're seeing.  Something's definitely goofy.  

I certainly hope someone can figure out what's going on. 

Not that this will necessarily make any difference, but what Operating System and Browser are you using?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

@GabeU, I'm using Windows 10 -- I had tried Firefox and Chrome and it was the same thing.   Then I tried Edge, and I was able to see the option "show images" in message body."  I couldn't see that option in Firefox or Chrome.   So I reinstalled Firefox, and now the option shows.  

Thanks to all for your help, and @Liz, it's working now on Firefox and it was likely a browser issue.

Professor

@kitnbob,  I see the image below in Ajax, not in HTML.   I did save and then I restarted the browser. 

@kitnbob wrote:

@maratsade

Your image Looks exactly like the is the HTML version.

Perhaps you should try "save"      and then re-start your browser.  IEshow.PNGThis is IE..... Looks the same in Chrome

Senior

Gabe, I see what you did.

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade        

Wow, that's just plain odd.   is to set the "Composing" preference to Text instead of HTML, regardless of whether the General preference is Ajax or HTML.  Something's definitely goofy.

OddIndeed.PNGAjax,- Compose option "Text"

@maratsade And YET... another way to not send inline images..

Makes sense after you think about it..      Composing in "text"  means NO images.    And no smileys  Smiley Surprised      :-(

@maratsade wrote:

@GabeU, I'm using Windows 10 -- I had tried Firefox and Chrome and it was the same thing.   Then I tried Edge, and I was able to see the option "show images" in message body."  I couldn't see that option in Firefox or Chrome.   So I reinstalled Firefox, and now the option shows. 

That's interesting.  Edge was the one I didn't try, but it was there for me in Chrome, which is my normal browser, and Firefox.  Maybe your original install of Firefox was infested with Gremlins, those pesky little buggers!  Smiley Tongue

Glad it's working for you now.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Senior

@maratsade

I'm glad you have them working.

Two out of three aint bad.

dont gremlins  hide out in cookies?

browser specific, web page preferences cookies

@kitnbob wrote:

Gremlins hide out E V E R Y W H E R E.  There's probably even one looking at you right now.  Smiley Tongue  

Professor

This was stuck to the old Firefox I uninstalled:

gremlin.jpg

@GabeUwrote:
@kitnbob wrote:

Gremlins hide out E V E R Y W H E R E.  There's probably even one looking at you right now.  Smiley Tongue