Adding inline images to Hughesnet email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Adding inline images to Hughesnet email

I didn't think this merited being in the Tech help area, so I'm placing it here.

Is there a way to add inline images to an email using the Hughesnet email account?   I don't see an icon on the ribbon to do this. 

HN_email_ribbon.png

With other types of Web mail software, you just move the image into the body of the email and it sticks, but I tried this with Hughesnet email and it didn't work.

Not a big deal at all, just wondering if anyone knows how to do this or if it's even possible.

30 REPLIES 30
maratsade

@Liz, I can switch between Ajax and HTML just fine.  

Under Ajax, I do not have an option to add an image at all.  I can only add attachments; nothing inline.   ETA:  I don't see the "show images in the message body" option in the attchments dialog, but I will check again later and report back.  

No option to add imagesNo option to add images

Under HTML, I can add images, but this is the dialog I get when I click the image icon:

HN_mail_image_html.png

Under Composing, in Preferences, my setting has always been HTML.

HN_mail_composing.png

maratsade

@GabeU,

My "Add attachment" utility looks different:

add_attachment.png

I don't have an option to add images inline.

GabeU

@maratsade

Wow, that's just plain odd.  The only way I can mimic the screen you get, as in not having the option to "Show Images In Message Body", is to set the "Composing" preference to Text instead of HTML, regardless of whether the General preference is Ajax or HTML.  Normally, I have preferences set to their default settings, which is Ajax under General and HTML under Composing.  It's odd that, even with yours set the same way, you're seeing what you're seeing.  Something's definitely goofy.  

I certainly hope someone can figure out what's going on. 

Not that this will necessarily make any difference, but what Operating System and Browser are you using?

maratsade

@GabeU, I'm using Windows 10 -- I had tried Firefox and Chrome and it was the same thing.   Then I tried Edge, and I was able to see the option "show images" in message body."  I couldn't see that option in Firefox or Chrome.   So I reinstalled Firefox, and now the option shows.  

Thanks to all for your help, and @Liz, it's working now on Firefox and it was likely a browser issue.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

@GabeU, I'm using Windows 10 -- I had tried Firefox and Chrome and it was the same thing.   Then I tried Edge, and I was able to see the option "show images" in message body."  I couldn't see that option in Firefox or Chrome.   So I reinstalled Firefox, and now the option shows. 

That's interesting.  Edge was the one I didn't try, but it was there for me in Chrome, which is my normal browser, and Firefox.  Maybe your original install of Firefox was infested with Gremlins, those pesky little buggers!  😛

Glad it's working for you now.  🙂  

@maratsade

I'm glad you have them working.

Two out of three aint bad.

dont gremlins  hide out in cookies?

browser specific, web page preferences cookies

GabeU

@kitnbob wrote:

Gremlins hide out E V E R Y W H E R E.  There's probably even one looking at you right now.  😛  

maratsade

This was stuck to the old Firefox I uninstalled:

gremlin.jpg

@GabeUwrote:
@kitnbob wrote:

Gremlins hide out E V E R Y W H E R E.  There's probably even one looking at you right now.  😛  

ooo,..... a nice one. That gremlin can get it's fingers into  a Lot

Gabe, I see what you did.

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade        

Wow, that's just plain odd.   is to set the "Composing" preference to Text instead of HTML, regardless of whether the General preference is Ajax or HTML.  Something's definitely goofy.

Ajax,- Compose option "Text"Ajax,- Compose option "Text"

@maratsade And YET... another way to not send inline images..

Makes sense after you think about it..      Composing in "text"  means NO images.    And no smileys  Smiley Surprised      😞