cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Coronavirus Impact

Something to consider as we get through March (and April):

Just got an email from Cloudflare, my content distribution network provider who has said that they are noticing a 30% uptick in places like Italy, who has a nationwide quarantine, due to those working from home and kids not at school with nothing else to do.

As conditions continue to progress here in the US, I suspect we will see a massive load on residential-class networks for which they were never designed.

It's quite possible it will impact HughesNet to an extent, where peak times won't just be in the hours around 8pm. There may be some real surly people (for various reasons) for the next two months as things (and anxiety) progress... just saying.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
8 REPLIES 8
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I can see tempers flaring many times a day. I hope all get time to take a break away. Even if it is just for a cup of coffee , tea or something stronger.

Good luck to those who try to help.

Reggie

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Reggie wrote:

I can see tempers flaring many times a day. I hope all get time to take a break away. Even if it is just for a cup of coffee , tea or something stronger.

I'm for the something stronger. 🙂  

But yes, things may be pretty dire and nerves will be raw.  Hopefully the whole coronavirus situation will not last too long, but there's no way to tell. 

I dont let stuff like this bum me out! Iam one go with the flow type of person! I hope every body would just chill and let this Covid-19 play out, from where iam at we are just distancing our selves and ALL the resturants have the "To Go deals going on" NO dine inns for now until April 3rd and the the Gov. will make a decision on wheather to extend that date or not! Its just another day in the neighbor hood for us, doing yard work and drinking a cold one every now and then!

Yall have fun and remember "Chill" 

stargate7

@stargate7 

I'd tend to agree with you, as would others here. That sentiment needs to be applied in the other areas tho who don't seem to understand what's happening.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Drinking a cold one will help you chill! 🙂

Raining here, so I can chill by lying down on the lawn. Costs nothing. LOL

stargate7 wrote:

I dont let stuff like this bum me out! Iam one go with the flow type of person! I hope every body would just chill and let this Covid-19 play out, from where iam at we are just distancing our selves and ALL the resturants have the "To Go deals going on" NO dine inns for now until April 3rd and the the Gov. will make a decision on wheather to extend that date or not! Its just another day in the neighbor hood for us, doing yard work and drinking a cold one every now and then!

Yall have fun and remember "Chill" 

stargate7

@maratsade wrote:

Raining here, so I can chill by lying down on the lawn. Costs nothing. LOL

Might get a little wormy tho, no?

maratsade

Yes, there's that, of course. They're fairly cold too. 😉

maratsade

Yes, that's likely to be expected.  And it stinks.