cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: testmy.net down

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

FYI: testmy.net down

If you're trying to run tests on Testmy.net, it's currently down.

testmy-down.PNG

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: FYI: testmy.net down

Thanks for the heads up!

-Jay

Highlighted
Associate Professor

that's actually very bad for several reasons. Now I'm unsure what Cloudflare is actually caching with testmy and how they calculate it.

Since Cloudflare's network is distributed, I'm also unsure what selecting a testmy server location actually does, if anything, since you're really just talking to Cloudflare, not testmy...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

Well, that doesn't sound good at all. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

that's actually very bad for several reasons. Now I'm unsure what Cloudflare is actually caching with testmy and how they calculate it.

Since Cloudflare's network is distributed, I'm also unsure what selecting a testmy server location actually does, if anything, since you're really just talking to Cloudflare, not testmy...

Highlighted

Interestingly, I can ping the testmy server just fine.

Highlighted

Look who came out of the shadows. Smiley Happy

@Jay wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!

-Jay

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Cloudflare acts as the server-in-the-loop and nameserver. It reroutes/caches only webserver type actions: Images, css, and executable javascript (or php) code; and only when addressed through the *testmy.com domain. Anything other than http or https activity just gets passed through, such as pings and (s)ftps. They also won't handle any access that is direct via IP which bypasses them and goes directly to the original webserver.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

If I understand what you're saying, this explains why the ping works. 

Highlighted

Update: it's back up. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

Update: it's back up. 

It's still having problems.  The My Results page isn't working properly.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit