Festivus Airing of Grievances

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Festivus Airing of Grievances

I know... today (24th) is the day after Festivus... nonetheless... I will never understand how people possibly find this area to put their whinging in:

1. It's the last group in the list. You physically have to scroll past something called "Tech Support" (3rd on the list) to something called "Your Thoughts on the Community" (6th) or "General Discussion" (7th).

2. The description for "Thoughts" states "Place to discuss the community itself, not the HughesNet service" and "General" specifically states, "*NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT*".

3. There are an innumerable number of posts with replies that tell such posters to please post their issues in "Tech Support" where they'll be better seen.

Yet despite all the possible user interface tricks and comments stated above, people still find ways to use these two areas to unload.

Jackie Chan.jpg

Yes, I realize i just unloaded. Thanks for listening.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

LOL on the title. I don't get it either, couldn't be more plain this section has nothing to do with technical complaints, help or even whining about the service. Oh well, I asked for this General section way back when, and people post technical issues here also. A case of careful what you wish for. I do wonder about our education system sometimes.

Do think they need to add "the place to ask for help" to the Tech Support section description.

Happy Festivus everyone! Oh, and Merry Christmas to! Smiley Happy

Heh... I tried to add some humor to deaden some of my sarcasm.

I see this area as kind of a 'break room' from the other areas. So when stragglers get lost, it's important that we point them in the right direction - even tho the fact they can get lost is an amazing feat in itself.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Ooh, I like this thread!  🙂  

I have a couple of things to add...

"...it's slower than dialup!"  -  Really?  Have you ever used diaulp?  No, it's not slower than dialup.  

"The 20 days of relaxed bandwidth is a bait and switch!"  -  Do you know what a bait and switch is?  For a bait and switch there has to be an advantage for the company.  There's no 30 day trial period, so how can there be a bait and switch?  Way to go calling a nice thing something nefarious.  SMH. 

And the old favorite.... "HughesNet is stealing my data!"  -  Just....SMH.  

Lol... Social media has certainly emboldened people to make comparitive assumptions, as well as use hyperbole and cliches in order to make truths out of folk stories: "RumInt is the new FactInt". (See, I just made up the term, FactInt. It's catchy. Think I'll keep it).

Highly doubtfull that even half of the people complaining about dialup are old enough to even know what a 56k dialup modem was, let alone used one.