Hughesnet Community

Here comes number three. Getting tired of this...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Here comes number three. Getting tired of this...

Capture.JPG

So, another foot or more on top of what we still have.  I wish Spring would get here.  😞

Sorry they're so dark.  I'm going to have to try to find the setting on my camera to change that, if there is one.  

100_0002.jpg

100_0004.jpg

100_0005.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
gokartergo24
Tutor

You guys need a break..

Could be worse!  New England has been slammed so hard the past three weeks.  Not just with snow, but blizzard conditions.  

Gabe, I thought you guys were getting missed by this one?  We're only slated to get 3-6"  I say, BRING ON THE SNOW!!!  But...snow does mean a delay in baseball outside practice so...BRING ON THE SPRING!  

GabeU

@Sweetpea3829

I thought so, too, but that's evidently changed.  

Snow > Mosquitoes

Just one problem with that inequality. There's not any sprays on the market that can keep snow away!

I just checked the 7 day forecast and, with the wind added in, I'm pretty much going to be a snow widow until Sunday. 😕
alfresco
Senior

Me too, lucky I bought a snow blower. The house came with a snow shovel.

Winter Storm Warning
CAZ068-069-140000-
/O.CON.KSTO.WS.W.0005.180313T2000Z-180315T0000Z/
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada-
300 AM PDT Tue Mar 13 2018

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 5 PM PDT WEDNESDAY ABOVE 4000 FEET...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Travel will be very difficult to
impossible. Total snow accumulations of 12 to 18 inches, with
localized amounts up to 3 feet, are expected.

* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada including Interstate 80 and Highway 50.

* WHEN...1 PM today to 5 PM Wednesday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times.

Some of us will remember the triple-blizzard winter we had here in the DC area a couple of years back. Three deep snows in as many weeks, iirc. I hand-shoveled my 250' driveway wearing a heartrate monitor so I could measure calorie burn.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Good to see you again, mate!

@MarkJFinewrote:

Some of us will remember the triple-blizzard winter we had here in the DC area a couple of years back. Three deep snows in as many weeks, iirc. I hand-shoveled my 250' driveway wearing a heartrate monitor so I could measure calorie burn.

Thanks. Been (and still am) dealing with a death in the family since end of Feb. Lots of running around.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

Sorry to hear that, Mark.  

maratsade

My condolences, Mark. 

@MarkJFinewrote:

Thanks. Been (and still am) dealing with a death in the family since end of Feb. Lots of running around.

Thanks guys. This is going to sound really bad, but it's a very bizarre situation. I'd write a book but no one would believe it.

maratsade

Well, if you do write it, let us know.  I bet it'd be very interesting.