Here we go again...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Here we go again...

What a beautiful day!  There's nothing like 60MPH gusts to throw this snow around, as well as the branches it's blown out of the trees.  And to think that less than fifteen hours ago, at 1:30AM, it was 61 degrees and calm.

Snow.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
MarkJFine
Professor

It was 70 here on Tuesday. This is how I know the real nutty stuff is just behind it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Here in the hammock it's 68, with more rain expected on Tuesday and Friday.  Just what we don't need!  The river is holding steady at 9.1'.  Flood stage is 10.0'.

I'm also noticing definite signs of spring.  I'm starting to hear the spring time crickets, the azaleas are in bloom, and the birds are starting to appear.  No humming birds yet, but they will probably be here in a week or so.  Time to get the ole feeder ready.

Well, that's about it for the hammock weather report. :>)>   Glad to see you made it through the blizzard alright!   

@gaines_wright 

Didn't Patuxent Phil predict an early spring last week?

I trust groundhogs more than i trust cats. Smiley Frustrated

@kitnbob wrote:

@gaines_wright 

Didn't Patuxent Phil predict an early spring last week?

I trust groundhogs more than i trust cats. Smiley Frustrated

I trust my own judgement more than old wives tales.  I'm predicting an early spring here.  Went to town today and noticed the Redbuds are blooming.  Next will be the Dogwoods, very pretty if they overlap, pink and white.   Of course we'll get one more frost around Easter.  Unfortunately after that it sometimes turns instantly hot.