Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Just for a good laugh...

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

I'll make sure to update my payment methode right away, as I sure do want for continue NETfLIX Feature!!!  After all, with it having expired on 02/12/2020 it most certainly needs to be!  I sure am glad that Team Nefix brought this to my attention.  

These scammers are getting so comically inept.  🤣

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade

Those whacky lads at Team Nefix! What rascals. 

MarkJFine
Professor

I received one thanking me for renewing my Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for $299.99. Email was from a Limestone Networks server, was from a forged email address in the ifp.com.br domain - not Microsoft. Had no links on it, nor did it contain a method of payment, but it did include a telephone number they claimed was toll free to an 808 area code in Hawaii to call in case of questions... Questions like, "I never ordered this..."

Bottom line is that the robocallers are getting so lazy, they want you to call them.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

"it did include a telephone number they claimed was toll free to an 808 area code in Hawaii to call in case of questions."

Thoughtful. 

Yeah, it was an 808-800-xxxx number. Nice trick, eh?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

LOL.  It did include the number "800." 

I got an email yesterday about a shipment of a big screen TV. Apparently there was a problem with the order (I don't know what the problem was...the only problem I could think of was I didn't order a big screen TV, but what do I know?), which could be easily resolved by clicking on a link. Yep.  🙄🙄🙄