cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency Or Satellite Shortcomings?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Additional info about latency

Yes, and this is because of his paranoid ideation (and added lack of knowledge of the technology).  He can't accept explanations that clash with his worldview.

@MarkJFine wrote:

Plus he hasn't figured out that the furthest a domestic telephone call can go is only about 3,000 miles on a trunked wire and is trying to compare that to 88,000 miles in space.

Now I'm really done with his ridiculous trolling.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Yes, you are paranoid. That's a perfectly good traceroute for satellite comms. There's not one hop in there that takes 2 minutes like you said. Plus, none of the timeouts have anything to do with HughesNet - at all.

But just because it took me to embarrass you into FINALLY giving a traceroute snapshot like I originally asked, I'm not going to tell you the reason why your latency is so bad, because your paranoid delusions wouldn't believe it anyway.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Freshman

Read my post again. I'm talking about satellite communication. Read the link. Even if a wired call went started with POTS and then sent internationally via satellite there is no noticable latency.

I'm just trying to cover my bases. How about giving me the benefit of the doubt and give me instructions on how to fix my problem instead of belittling me, implying that I'm misconstruing the facts and slandering me by saying I'm paranoid. I have not done this to you folks.
I'm sure this behavior is outside of Community Guidelines.
Charles Benjamin Lucas
Highlighted
Freshman

My God, you can't see where it times out twice? I'm truly am wasting my time here.
Charles Benjamin Lucas
Highlighted
Freshman

That's it I'm reporting this.
Charles Benjamin Lucas
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

OK.

Cblucas3 wrote:

Highlighted
Associate Professor

@Cblucas3 wrote:

You go right ahead, play victim and report everybody. I really don't care.

This 5 page thread already shows you've been playing games from the get go. Just comes right back to you.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Cblucas3 wrote:
Read my post again. I'm talking about satellite communication. Read the link. Even if a wired call went started with POTS and then sent internationally via satellite there is no noticable latency. 

The call is either landline or via a low earth orbit satellite.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Folks... I got better things to do today... Now I'm really out.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Cblucas3 

The timeouts may very well be due to Century Link, which has issues all over the place.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit