NATIONAL OREO COOKIE DAY!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

NATIONAL OREO COOKIE DAY!

oreo.jpg

Today we celebrate the cookie you can dunk, twist, and eat in a number of ways. Most fun cookie ever? How do you eat your Oreos? I'm more of a dunker, and if I have the original Oreos having milk is a must; I can't eat Oreos without it. However, now that there are about 915913 varieties of Oreos, I've found some I can enjoy on their own:

1. Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake - Limited edition flavor; best Oreo I've had. I really hope they get released again because strawberries are my jam.

2. Golden Oreos: These are essentially vanilla creme cookies and the first Oreo I was into without needing milk. Besides, they aren't as dunkable as Vienna Fingers cookies.

3. Any of the Oreo Thins: I think these would disintigrate in milk...but my fave Thins flavor is mint, because mint.

4. Firework Oreos: These are a limited edition flavor that will probably come out again around 4th of July. They have POP ROCKS in 'em! 

I've tried a LOT of flavors because my cousins and I decided to get all the different Oreos we could find and bring them to the next family function, it was pretty great. LOL

Here's a list of all the Oreo flavors;, which ones have you tried or want to try?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

11 REPLIES 11
Jay

I have to wholeheartedly agree, most fun cookie ever and best cookie ever. Cookies and Cream ice cream products are my favorite and they wouldn't exists without the glorious Oreo! Just yesterday I had a Cookies and Cream shake from Chik-Fil-A, I have a carton of Cookies and Cream ice cream in my freezer, my Whey Protein is Cookies and Cream flavored. It's just the best.

-Jay

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Oreos, excellent for twisting. 

maratsade

And in case anyone has extra Oreos they need to use, here's 40 recipes: https://www.brit.co/best-oreo-recipes/

@maratsade wrote:

And in case anyone has extra Oreos they need to use, here's 40 recipes: https://www.brit.co/best-oreo-recipes/

Bookmarked! OMG I want to try almost everything on that list. * ______ *

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

I know, right?  I you only do one of these recipes on the weekend, you have almost a year of goodness. 

@Liz wrote:

Bookmarked! OMG I want to try almost everything on that list. * ______ *

-Liz

I learned how to make truffles out of Oreos! They are super amazing!

-Felicia

Pleeeeease share the recipe!

-Liz

Gladly!

It is three ingredients: Oreos, Cream cheese, and white chocolate.

Put one package of Oreos with cream still in, in a blender or food processor until it is super finely chopped, then mix with one package of cream cheese room temp, roll into 1 in balls and freeze for about 45 min. Lastly, roll in melted white chocolate. I just melt in the microwave. Sometimes I like to get fancy with it and drizzle semi-sweet melted chocolate on it. I make them at Christmas time for the neighbors and they always tell me they hide them from the kids because they don't want to share. HAh

:DDDD Thanks!!!!

-Liz

omg.jpg

Would this be more or less satisfying to twist? Hahahah

-Liz

maratsade

MAWRRR!

@Liz wrote:

Would this be more or less satisfying to twist? Hahahah

-Liz