Hughesnet Community

New sig, just because... well, it's obvious.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

New sig, just because... well, it's obvious.

test.

Edit: And then I broke it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
13 REPLIES 13
MarkJFine
Professor

Isn't there a way to set the font/size and add a CRLF or "<br>" before it without it getting truncated?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

Isn't there a way to set the font/size and add a CRLF or "<br>" before it without it getting truncated?

If you mean so there is a space between your reply and your signature when you post, I've found the only way it works is if your signature is limited to one line.  One line as shown, that is.  Right now yours is long enough that it's creating a second line.    

Edit:  Try reducing the font.  It may help shorten it up some.  Like with mine, I made it small so it could all fit in one line and create a space.  

@GabeU wrote:

@MarkJFine wrote:

Isn't there a way to set the font/size ...

Edit:  Try reducing the font.  It may help shorten it up some.  Like with mine, I made it small so it could all fit in one line and create a space.  

That was part of what I was looking for as well. There are no such options when editing the sig like you do for the body of a post.

GabeU

@MarkJFine

Eek.  I am just having a bad day all around.  I'm mistyping and misreading.  I completely missed that I replied with a suggestion that you had already asked about in the quote I included with the reply.

SMH.  It's just not my day.  😞  

No worries. It's Friday.

GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote: 
That was part of what I was looking for as well. There are no such options when editing the sig like you do for the body of a post.

You can.  I'll post how I have mine, showing how I reduced the font.  

Capture.JPG

Edit:  I'm not quite sure why that initial <br> is there.  I think it's left over from something I was trying.  I just deleted it.  I hope it doesn't mess up my sig.  LOL.  

Edit 2:  Now I know why it's there.  It creates the space between a reply and the sig.  I'm putting it back.  

@GabeU wrote:

You can.  I'll post how I have mine, showing how I reduced the font. 

As you did that I did a Cmd-U to look at the code where Lithium inserts the sig line. Sure enough, I saw the hard-coded break, font, bold and italics html and immediately face-palmed. As you can tell, the sig is now as it should be.

Nice that Lithium dynamically adds it so each change is immediately updated for every post you've ever included a sig. I'm used to the old days where a sig was textually part of the post and never changed.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:
Nice that Lithium dynamically adds it so each change is immediately updated for every post you've ever included a sig. I'm used to the old days where a sig was textually part of the post and never changed.

It hasn't been that way for a LONG, LONG time....  At least 10+ (more like 15) years for most communities

maratsade

Cool.  I created a macro -- see below.  

**I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.**

I like using a sig because it's more or less automatic.

maratsade

Yes, it is.  I considered using a sig and chose a macro instead because I don't need the disclaimer every time, and adding a macro to the post is no big deal (for me). 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Maybe they could put something like "(Not a HughesNet employee)" beside all teaching badges. At least then it would be automatic for all customers who are simply trying to help.

maratsade

Xfinity provides badges for their established customer volunteers.   Not sure how much it helps, given the posts over there are basically just like what we get here, and users still believe that volunteers are shills, or that they are employees in disguise, or that they're paid by Xfinity.  You can't fight cray.