PLEASE READ AND RELAY

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandman
Freshman

PLEASE READ AND RELAY

I was used to cable internet at my old home. Unfortunatly where I live now, this terrible stone age internet is all I have.  This is NOT high speed internet.  Buffers constantly and only plays in standard quality 80% of the time. 

READ the small print. This company is very good at scheming people into purchasing this product. 

We were told that Xbox live would run games perfectly by the sales and tech service when specifically asked about Call of Duty type games.  Now, either they are living under a rock and dont know anything about those games, or they deliberatly lied.  Also told us 20GB of usage is enough for a family............ my one daughter uses her tablet lightly on youtub kids.   Used all the data in less than a month.  Not for multiple devices at all!!!! 

Overall I just want people to be aware of this scam.  Not even the best internet on the market is this expensive.  This is such a rip off!!! If I was not under contract I wouldnt pay 5$ a month for this 56k garbage.

15 REPLIES 15
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

First, you can request a review of your sales call if it hasn't been longer than 90 days.  If it's determined that you were misled you may have recourse, as in cancelling without an ETF.  You need to do so in the Tech Support section.    

Secondly, three PCs and Youtube vids quite often, as well as everything else the average person does on the net with a capped service.  I've never run out of my 20GB of data.  The sales reps can only guess what you'll use as it's based on an average.  If it's not enough data you can always upgrade.  You can also do things to lessen your data usage, including settings adjustments and installing ad blockers.  

FYI, it would take around 50 days of nonstop usage to run through 20GB of data at dialup speeds.  

If you would like to troubleshoot your speed issues, please post in the Tech Support section.  

Like I stated. Unfortunately this crap is all I can get here. So I will deal with it. My monthly service just restarted and has magically used 4.5 gigs already. I've nt even used it. And......why on God's earth would I upgrade and pay for more crap internet per month. Doesn't make sense. Plan.....terrible....internet
GabeU

@sandman wrote:
Like I stated. Unfortunately this crap is all I can get here. So I will deal with it. My monthly service just restarted and has magically used 4.5 gigs already. I've nt even used it. And......why on God's earth would I upgrade and pay for more crap internet per month. Doesn't make sense. Plan.....terrible....internet

There's nothing magical about it.  One or more of your devices is using your data without you knowing it.  

If you'd like help in figuring out what that is and how to stop it please post in the Tech Support section.  It's a very common issue.  

In the meantime, the following threads may help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

aebooms
New Poster

The person who sold me the service told me his son plays FPS online games with HughesNet just fine. I guess they have to lie to sell the product. 

Nv

We hardly use any internet due to its slower speeds than what our cell phones get. And still somehow we run out of data!? Amazing how does that work?
maratsade

Would you like to find out?  Post in the Tech Support section.

@Nv wrote:
We hardly use any internet due to its slower speeds than what our cell phones get. And still somehow we run out of data!? Amazing how does that work?

CrisIsSassy
Sophomore

Me to, I've had hughes for 6 months and it's the worst internet I've ever had.  a lot of the time I have no internet, slow or drops off. and any video buffers and buffers and buffers, it's horrible. when I call customer support I get a foreign agent that is very hard for me to understand, then when I try to explain my problem they tell me they are going to put me on a brief hold but then they put me back into the menu only to be explaining my issue to another agent over and over. once they did schedule an appt. for a tech to come to my home which was yesterday 1-15-18 they called that same day telling me the technician's truck broke down so they rescheduled for today 1-16-18 but never showed up or called. and once again I was cycled around the menu all day one foreign agent to another with no resolve.  I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today. they gladly take money out of my account each month.

GabeU

@CrisIsSassy wrote:

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today. 

Though I understand your frustration, you could have asked for help in here.  This is a support community, but instead of asking for support you've complained on multiple threads. 

With that said, by filing your complaint you have now delayed by thirty days any help you may have gotten via this support community.  

Why do you respond to your customers with sarcasm and rude comments?  From reading through this forum, I have realised that the entire business model of your company is poor.   

GabeU

@mtd2003 wrote:

Why do you respond to your customers with sarcasm and rude comments?  From reading through this forum, I have realised that the entire business model of your company is poor.   

Only those with "Mod", "Administrator" or "Employee next to their name are HughesNet employees.  The rest are fellow customers.  

Also, please stop spamming the same thing on multiple threads.  

Why is it always the sarcasticly rude customers that think that no one else can be sarcastic or rude in return?

Other sarcastic, but not so rude customers want to know.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

It appears that a lot of people are angry like me, that are paying for a service, and half the time I have to go to the library to use the internet, I'm paying $80 month.  I get no help what so ever from customer service, I took off work 2 days in a row last week for technicians to come to my home. and they rescheduled the first day for the following day then never showed up or called. I was not rude but called them to find out what happened and they never responded.  I thought this site was where I could go to complain about my problem. after months of no help at all, I am angry. then to be met by really rude responses. I have copied all these responses to my post.

isn't that something. I copied and saved the response. I've been waiting for months for help and have reached the end of my nerve and this helper tell me this.  how nice. I agree that I was mad, but with good reason. I pay $80 a month for no service. now this person tells me there is a 30 day delay on helping me. hahaha I have read nothing but complaints about this service on this community board or whatever it is. wish I would have checked the reviews before I got the service.

Are you serious. Where else can I complain??? I thought this was the place, I get no tech. support what so ever. where else am I supposed go? I am paying for a service that I don't get. I have to go to the library to use the internet, while Hughes takes money out of my account.

CrisIsSassy
Sophomore

I can't even watch a face book video that's under a minute, it buffers over and over and some of them buffer so long that they stop.