Stranger Things

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Stranger Things

Starting to watch season 2. Love it, kids and scary stuff, makes me feel young again. Nice diversion from all the real world junk.  Smiley Happy

No computers or cell phones either.......oh wait no satellite internet either which I'm using to watch it. Still, brings back memories even though 20+ years after my middle school years.  Close enough compared to today's world.

Oh **bleep** a Ford Pinto.......lol.

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Binge watched the whole series yesterday.  Great stuff, though not as good (imo) as S1. Love all the 80s references. And Paul Reiser. And Sean Astin.

maratsade

Netflix + Hughesnet -- fantastic.  No problems with the VDS speed -- Stranger Things looked great on a large TV.  Netflix always delivers good quality images, even with VDS turned on.

NBC streaming app + Hughesnet -- forking bad.  Watching The Good Place is very frustrating because, I suppose, NBC doesn't like latency. I've tried casting from their website as opposed to the app, but there's no difference.  I have tried disabling VDS and it's the same story, so I'm blaming NBC. Boo on you, NBC.

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I think I will stick to the new StarTrek Discovery and Orville >.>

There's something about paying for CBS that rubs me the wrong way. Kinda like the way NBCSN decided to get people to pay for 3 games a week when they provided Extra Time for the past coupla three years.

That said, Ep. 1 of Discovery almost did it's job to hook me in.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I think I will stick to the new StarTrek Discovery and Orville >.>

There's something about paying for CBS that rubs me the wrong way. Kinda like the way NBCSN decided to get people to pay for 3 games a week when they provided Extra Time for the past coupla three years.

That said, Ep. 1 of Discovery almost did it's job to hook me in.

Yea, especially when I get a good CBS signal OTA. Even the broadcast stations are jumping on the pay as you go bandwagon. What they do still broadcast will probably suffer more and more as time goes by and they shift the better content to paid.

Some of us are old enough to remember the "fight pay TV" trailers in movie theaters.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

Call me uninformed, but I had never heard of "Stranger Things" until yesterday.  First saw it in the preview for ET after the evening news yesterday, then I saw it mentioned on another show, then I saw it mentioned on a news ticker that one of the actors had been denied entry into the US due to a residue of "a drug" found in his luggage.  

Never hearing of it, then three times since yesterday.  SMH.  Looks like an interesting show, though.   

@MarkJFine  I remember those trailers!  That's going back a while.  😛  

maratsade

"Call me uninformed, but I had never heard of "Stranger Things" until yesterday."

The second season dropped on Netflix on Friday, so everyone was talking about it.  I'm sure things will quiet down after a while, until it's time for S3. 🙂