Hughesnet Community

Thank Your Mail Carrier!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay

Thank Your Mail Carrier!

It's National Thank a Mail Carrier day and I really need to do that. I let my mailbox get wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to full before I check it. I'm sure they dread delivering my mail each day but to be fair to me... it really only gets so full because of all the massive newspaper ads i get sent. I don't even want them but still receive them all the time.

I remember as a kid, I liked checking the mail every day for my parents and now that I have my own mail, I HATE checking my mail. It's never anything I want to see.  

Hopefully no one out there is like me and procrastinates checking the mail, but be sure to thank your mail carrier the next time you see them because there's probably someone like me where you live Smiley LOL

Image result for full mailbox"

-Jay

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'll thank the local post office when they replace my mail carrier...

And tomorrow is World Nutella Day, so ready yourselves! 😉

I feel like there is a story behind your mail carrier!

-Jay

maratsade

Yep, he's an angry bloke.  Shoves packages into the mailbox even if they do not truly fit. Leaves packages in the rain. Delivers mail only when he's  in the mood.  He does this all over the neighbourhood, and we don't know why, as no one has been mean to him, and in fact, we've all tried to be extra nice. Doesn't work. 

Another mail carrier delivers mail on Sundays.  He's very nice, actually. Wish he were the regular one, but he's from a different post office and only works our area for Sunday deliveries. 

Well, don't thank that guy. Not sure what I would do about a grumpy mail man, especially if he's damaging your packages Smiley Frustrated

I'd be livid if my packages from eBay, Amazon, or wherever were being left in the rain or shoved in the mailbox regularly.

-Jay

maratsade

I've suggested some legal approaches, but the wife will have none of it, so I grin and bear it.  🙂 

GabeU

I used to have a mailbox at my house, but the snow plows kept taking it out, or rather the snow thrown from the plows.  I'm on the side that gets the plow first, so I get three quarters of the road's snow thrown up on my side, and three times it's taken my box out, snapping the post.  I finally gave up and just rent one at the local post office.  

I may try to put it in again, as having a box at home is very handy.  Maybe this time figure out a way to fit my box to a 6x6 instead of a 4x4.  The hardest part is always digging that concrete blob out of the ground from the prior post.  

Gotta love lake effect snow!  🙂 

maratsade

I get locked into my driveway by ploughs that move the snow to the sides.  It's very annoying.