Hughesnet Community

Today is... SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay

Today is... SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY

Ah, Squirrels, everyone's favorite (or least favorite) rodents. My experience with the critters has certainly been positive, although my dog would probably disagree. She has a group of squirrels that constantly harrass her on walks and while she gets riled up, I think it's hilarious.

Do you have a favorite? Least favorite? Real world or otherwise.

Scrat the Squirrel?
Image result for scrat the squirrel"
Rocket "Rocky" J. Squirrel?

Image result for Rocket "Rocky" J. Squirrel"
Slappy?

Image result for slappy squirrel"
As a big fan of comic books, I'd have to pick Squirrel Girl. (I know she's not actually a squirrel, but close enough, right?)

She's like Spider-Man but instead of the awesome powers of a spider, she has the adequate powers of a squirrel. 

-Super Strength
-Super Bite
-Super Jumping
-A Large Squirrel Tail
-Claws for Climbing
-Night Vision
-The Ability to Communicate with Squirrels

This final ability was actually what prompted Doreen Green to become Squirrel Girl! She overheard some squirrels chattering and ended up saving one of them from a dog. This squirrel convinced her to use her powers for good and Doreen decided to fight crime as the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

While she is a bubbly, endearing, and popular super hero nowadays, in her first appearance she was the stuff of nightmares...

Image result for squirrel girl first appearance"
No wonder the Invicible Iron Man didn't want her as a sidekick at the time.

Got a favorite squirrel or interesting squirrel stories? If not, today is also NATIONAL GRANOLA BAR DAY and NATIONAL HUGGING DAY! So, have a granola bar and hug a loved one!

-Jay

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Scrat is a great example of determination and on keeping your eyes on the prize. LOL

Liz

HAH, as soon as I saw this, Squirrel Girl first came to mind. So glad they redesigned her... that look is terrifying. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I used to work with a few squirrels...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Don't leave us hanging, Mark!

-Liz

@MarkJFine wrote:

I used to work with a few squirrels...

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

We have squirrels galore here.  Both grey and black.  They're funny to watch, as they do some wacky things.  

@Liz wrote:

Don't leave us hanging, Mark!

Well, there are those types that seem like they're always moving around, always going somewhere/doing something, but you never know what they actually do and they never seem to accomplish anything meaningful? I used to call them squirrels. lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.