Try to download...hahaha- what a joke

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SecondsCount
Sophomore

Try to download...hahaha- what a joke

Christmas day...trying to download Forza demo on to Xbox 360....20 minutes and I have 5%.....
10 REPLIES 10
SecondsCount
Sophomore

30% after two hours...when I try to watch a program already in progress- from the beginning- on DirectTV, it fails....every time.

31%....after three hours....this is waiting for a 1.44Gb game demo download to Xbox 360.

The problem is in the path from Level3 to Microsoft. Try a traceroute and see.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

How do I accomplish a trace route?

Nevermind... Clearly it's easier to just throw shade at an easy target than to know the real cause of the problem.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Throw shade??? I've spoken with HughesNet support at least six times about this. It has now been SIX hours to gain 59% of this download. My DSL with Windstream never took this long, OR needed special procedures for the consumer to "make it work".

I also used to upload videos from my drone to YouTube. Now this is also impossible. I have to use my T-Mobile cellphone to upload to YouTube.

Yes shade, and this is exactly why I said nevermind. Judging from your response, the point is completely lost on you.

You've already made up your mind and decided without knowing actual facts who/what is at fault, and you're sticking with it (there's a word for that): You're totally focused on every drawback in your experience is a HughesNet problem, despite any possible indication to the contrary.

1. Not withstanding the fact that several upstream providers have been bombarded with DDoS attacks by botnets for several days now. That couldn't possibly enter into the equation, could it?

2. XBox Live has been up and down for several days too... couldn't possibly have anything to do with that, either...

But... you do you. 👍🏼

As you were....

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Probably about 80% of the total population is off work today... I would say several nodes outside of Hughesnet, as well as Hughesnet it self is severely congested... Nothing that can be done about peak times.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Most likely one of the most Internet congested days of the year. Have no doubt HughesNet is not the only ISP having extreme slowdown today. Truthfully, satellite only compounds the problem.

But servers and nodes everywhere are most likely maxed out.