Trying a new thing...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

Trying a new thing...

Good morning folks!

Starting today, the community team will post daily in here for fun. Feel free to join in. 🙂

Today is Martin Luther King Jr Day, and for those who have the day off, enjoy! Do something good today.

Did you know it's also National Cheese Lovers Day? That's why I'm here. It's me. I'm a cheese lover. Camembert, mozzarella, gouda, goat, nacho... give it all to me, in all the forms. Tell me your cheesy recipes or restaurants that serve your fave dish celebrating this dairy delight. If you happen to be in the Northern VA area, check out Cheesetique, they have mac n cheese, grilled cheese, cheese boards, and a lot more. 

cheese.jpg

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

38 REPLIES 38
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I guess HughesNet HQ is open on MLK Day?   I hope they're providing free cheese platters for the staff. 

If only. Someone leaves us free candy in the office every day, so there's that at least, but I'm more of a savory than sweet person.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

Well, that's not Gouda. 

Where I work we have a snack station, and my favorite stuff is the different kinds of almonds.  I don't care for sweets, myself. 

It's nacho every day occurrence to have such treats in our office. 

If you have marcona almonds, y'all are fancy.

maratsade

We do have marcona almonds, and they're good, but I'm not picky about almonds. Love them all: natural, roasted and salted, coconut roasted, caramel roasted, 5 alarm chili roasted, etc.  Mmmm, almonds. 

Yess almonds are pretty great! Truffle marcona almonds are my fave; a once in a blue moon treat. LOL

Northrop had it as an 'optional' holiday. Companies nowadays have a core set of 10, then you have up to two or three optional ones on top of that.

Love the cheese idea... I love different cheeses too. Being over 60, they don't like me tho... 😒

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Oh no... is it the lactose? I now carry Lactaid pills just in case I decide to go crazy on cheese.

My favorite cheese is the powered cheese substitute that comes with Kraft Mac n' Cheese.

They even sell it separately now! 

Image result for powdered cheese"I'm kidding in case that wasn't clear. ^_^

Not lactose, but I'll spare you the details. lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

Ummmmmmm this is news to me, I would totally buy this.

Amanda

My favorite appetizer.. Queso Fundido (Flameado) - iron skillet melted oaxaca cheese, chorizo and eaten with tortilla chips or a hot corn tortilla 🙂

U3P6880F39935-1467951259-d85.jpg

Wish I had a pic, but we had Fettuccine Alfredo with freshly made (and pressed) pasta and homemade alfredo sauce on Christmas Eve. First time using the press attachment on the mixer and it worked great.

Never met a cheese I did not like. Cheese and crackers are the best.

I just had lunch but this thread is making me hungry again.

Ricky, I hope your cheese and crackers look better than this:

I mean... I'm sure it doesn't taste bad... I'd still eat it. >_>

maratsade

What is that?

@Liz wrote:

It's not the worst thing I found on the internet after googling "melted cheese".

What is that?

@Liz wrote:

maratsade

Yeah, some of the stuff that comes up is decidedly un-yummy-looking...

That looks like it is not very tasty. Like you I would still eat it though.
maratsade

It's melted cheese on Ritz crackers:  https://tinyurl.com/tkrygls